The Climate and Health Alliance is seeking a Junior Graphic Designer, who can apply their skills to communicate the health impacts of climate change to build public understanding and support for climate action.
The successful applicant will work with the Lead Graphic Designer to create print and digital materials (including publications, reports, presentations, infographics and social media squares) to effectively communicate the health impacts of climate change and persuasively make the case for urgent climate action. This role is part of our Real, Urgent and Now: Communicating the Health Impacts of Climate Change project.
This is a 1-day per week (0.2 FTE) seven month-contract position, based in our office in Melbourne.
The annual salary package is $55,000 (pro rata and including leave entitlements and superannuation). Final appointment is subject to successful completion of a 3-month probation.
- Develop and design print and digital materials that effectively and persuasively communicate the health impacts of climate change
- Adapt resources and digital content for specific project partners and target audiences
- Source relevant information on climate change and health
- Closely follow the design and brand style guidelines
- Develop key messages (with colleagues)
- Help maintain websites and social media accounts
- Ensure a record is kept of all materials for future projects
- Qualification/s (or proven experience) in graphic design
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud programs Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Demonstrated ability to distill complex information into clear, engaging materials
- Understanding of print material process and digital applications (social media, newsletters etc.)
- Attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
- Ability to build effective interpersonal relationships and work collaboratively
- Experience in values-based communications
- Experience working in a non-profit
- Experience in digital campaigning and online platforms, including NationBuilder
- Understanding of the health impacts of climate change
- Other creative production skills (i.e. video or animation)
The Junior Graphic Designer works with the Lead Designer to complete project work and is accountable to the Executive Director and the CAHA Board.