- Location: Melbourne
- Reports To: Executive Director
- Hours and Salary: Part-time (0.4 FTE) for a two-year contract. Annual salary package $100,000 pro rata (including leave entitlements and superannuation). Potential for expanded role and ongoing appointment subject to available funding and performance.
Do you have proven experience in Major Gifts and Partnerships Fundraising? We are looking for a highly motivated individual to lead the development and implementation of our Major Gifts Fundraising Strategy and Program, which will support CAHA’s operational planning and budgeting. The role will significantly increase current and new fundraising revenue and engagement with major donors, philanthropists, trusts and foundations, businesses and bequests. The role will focus on strengthening current major donor relationships; identifying, cultivating and stewarding new high value donors, philanthropists and partnerships; leading stakeholder engagement, gift solicitation and donor care.
Reporting to the Executive Director, with a key focus on organisational sustainability, this leadership role will play a critical role in CAHA’s ability to deliver on its core goals and objectives to lead the development of powerful health sector movement for climate action and sustainable healthcare. You will be joining a committed team with a strong culture of collaboration, inclusiveness, and continuous improvement.
You will be responsible for: fundraising campaigns, marketing and events, philanthropic and corporate partnerships. The successful candidate will work closely with the Executive Director to develop and implement an effective fundraising strategy, with a particular focus on building CAHA’s philanthropic, corporate and government funding base, as well as leverage CAHA’s extensive supporter network to build a community of regular individual donors.
Strategy, planning and budgeting:
- Develop and implement a 2-year plan to build income from high-net-worth individuals, trusts & foundations, private ancillary funds, businesses and bequests
- Develop and manage the annual fundraising budget to achieve appropriate return on investment, year on year
- Identify organisational growth strategies and funding and marketing opportunities
- Ensure seamless, coordinated and well-planned approach to all fundraising and philanthropy programs and initiatives
- High level of decision-making and leadership to drive programs and projects to success
- Achieve and exceed strategic goals and ensure plans are delivered and budgets are met
Fundraising leadership and donor relationships
- Develop and lead strategic initiatives in the areas of philanthropic and corporate partnerships and sponsorship, and bequests
- Achieve growth and targets in the areas of major gift and corporate partnerships
- Create, research, engage and manage a portfolio of high-net-worth individuals as donors
- Develop and implement a bequest plan
- Organise and manage major donor functions and events to present Case for Support
- Develop personalised donor journey plans to create meaningful connection and engagement with high-value donors
- Oversee grant application processes: identifying grant opportunities and preparation of applications, cultivating relationships with Trusts & Foundations, preparation of pitches, contract negotiation, reports and acquittal
- Develop and advance relationships with trusts and foundations, private ancillary funds, and corporate partners
- Guide the development of other fundraising programs and initiatives, including membership development, individual giving, tele-fundraising, online fundraising, and events
Culture and values
- Develop internal capacity and culture to secure and sustain high value/transformational gifts
- Strengthen culture of philanthropy and fundraising by supporting other staff and developing a whole of organisation approach
- Promote best practice and ethical fundraising and philanthropy
- Modelling the organisational Mission and Values
Marketing and communications
- Develop effective communications and stakeholder engagement plans, including marketing materials, cases for support, pitches and proposals for funding / income generation
- Refresh and develop donor collateral and communications
- Ensure CRM systems to manage donor relations are developed and maintained
- Implement a bequest strategy; liaise with supporters and donors relating to planned giving and bequests
- Advise the board on organisational development and fundraising / income generation initiatives
- Develop, maintain, update processes and procedures for successful high-value giving, partnerships and donor care that delivers results and best practice donor experience
Key performance indicators will be mutually agreed by the incumbent and Executive Director and will comprise financial targets, prospect and donor targets, strategy implementation targets, building effective engagement with key stakeholders, securing multi-year operational and program funding and contribution towards realising CAHA strategic objectives.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS, AND SKILLS
The successful candidate will have high-level skills in major gifts fundraising, marketing and communications. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications/attributes include:
- Qualifications in a relevant degree (e.g., communications, media, marketing, public policy, philanthropy, advocacy, politics)
- Highly motivated to support building a powerful health sector movement for climate action
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing a major donor fundraising program
- Persuasive verbal and written communication skills, along with emotionally intelligent interpersonal skills
- Able to produce high quality and impactful fundraising communications collateral
- Proven collaborator and lifelong learner
- Willingness to support and mentor other staff and volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to deliver outcomes
The Climate and Health Alliance (CAHA) is a national charity and the peak body on climate change and health in Australia. CAHA is an alliance of 50+ organisations working together nationally and globally through advocacy, policy, research, communications, education and collaboration to achieve its mission: to build a powerful health sector movement for climate action and sustainable healthcare.
Enquiries: contact Fiona Armstrong, email email@example.com, using the subject line: Fundraiser - Major Gifts enquiry via EthicalJobs, or phone 0438 900 005.