Bus Stop Films (BSF) Accessible Film Studies Program is delivered to classes of up to 15 students (Aged 17 and over) living with mild-moderate intellectual disabilities. This role will support and assist with student engagement, needs and communication in class to ensure that students are able to fully participate in all classes and on Bus Stop Films projects. The role will also assist the class tutor to deliver lessons and assist them with engaging students with the learning material and in class activities.
THE SUPPORT WORKER DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Ensure attendance is taken, updated and provided to the appropriate individual for safety and record keeping.
- Support and assist students to participate in class and on Bus Stop Films productions, as required.
- Assist with conflict management, conflict resolution and behavioural issues in class to ensure all students have a positive relationship and learning experience.
- Liaise with the Support and Engagement Manager about student’s needs.
- Identify, review and discuss the needs of the students with the Support and Engagement Manager to provide strategies to attain the best outcome for students and tutors.
- Assist the Support and Engagement Manager with any ad hoc tasks or activities when requested.
- Maintain the appropriate administrative work and keep class notes on the students.
- Follow the Covid19 and work health and safety directives of Bus Stop Films and our host organisations.
Support workers will need to hold a valid and current:
- Police check
- Working with children and vulnerable people clearance.
- First Aid certificate
Wollongong - Saturdays from 9:00am-1:00pm
A position description is attached.