- Remuneration Package: $95,000 to $99,000 per annum.
- Accountable to: CEO
- Supervises: Facility Counsellor, Case Management team
- Classification: BushMob EBA 2016 (above award)
- Location: Alice Springs with occasional bush travel
Deliver and support the development of trauma informed therapeutic practices within BushMob, consistent with the BushMob model and BushMob strategic plan, national and international models and practices by:
- Analysing current practices, staying abreast of evidence and trends in effective trauma informed practice with young people,
- Providing professional advice to assist BushMob to develop systems, practices and frameworks which reflect the integration of trauma informed practice in all aspects of the organisation,
- Providing professional advice to assist BushMob to develop a comprehensive staff support framework, including; professional development in trauma informed care principles and practices; clinical supervision; quality improvement; self-care promotion,
- Maintaining supportive collegiate relationships to ensure developments are consistent with the principles of the BushMob Therapeutic Approach and decision-making frameworks.
Deliver trauma informed counselling by:
- Maintaining a full case load by providing trauma informed counselling to assist young people aged 12-25 and their families to achieve sustained behavioural change, in response to a range of issues including substance use and comorbidities,
- Supporting young people and their families to recover from trauma by fostering engagement; establishing safety; the provision of psychoeducation; the improvement of stress tolerance skills; strengthening social connectedness; providing trauma specific interventions and relapse prevention strategies,
- Fostering connectedness with cultural identity, and opportunities for cultural enrichment, and encouraging family and land connection.
- Conducting client assessment, and support the development of appropriate care planning, including risk and exit plans,
- Working in collaborative partnerships with colleagues in the care team,
- Maintaining appropriate client case files, and by,
- Managing a small team of counselling and case management staff to also do so within the scope of their roles.
Provide early intervention and prevention programs which utilise trauma specific interventions including, but not restricted to:
- Facilitating AOD and other group therapy sessions including relapse prevention,
- Developing group session resources with staff and young people,
- Providing prevention and early intervention strategies,
- Providing educational and other information and health promotion activities.
Maintain appropriate data collection and other date collection systems as required by the organisation and if required, develop new data collections specific to the functions of the role.
- Provide routine reports to the CEO, as negotiated, to meet role and organisational information needs.
- Work in collaboration with and attend meetings and forums with internal and external service partners and stakeholders including; corrections officers, lawyers, Judges, health professionals, child protection workers, representatives of the Indigenous community and other colleagues in the youth alcohol and other drug and related sectors.
- In collaboration with the CEO, develop and engage in own routine internal line management, external clinical supervision and professional development activities.
- Tertiary qualifications and professional registrations in Social Work
- Medicare Provider Registration
- Demonstrated experience as a Mental Health Social Worker
- Demonstrated experience in Trauma Informed Therapies and settings
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills to establish a wide range of constructive relationships and collaborative networks
- Demonstrated experience working with Aboriginal people or in a similar cross-cultural context
- Current C class driver’s license
- Capacity for occasional work in remote situations; bush trips
- Knowledge of contemporary issues facing Aboriginal people
- Experience in working with Youth in an AOD residential treatment setting
All staff at BushMob must comply with Working with Children’s clearances and hold and undergo a Police Check, and have current NT Working with Children Ochre Card.
A position description is attached.