- Location Sydney, NSW
- Job Type Full-time
- Reports to: Head of Business Development
- Salary: $72,758 + Super
- Burn Bright employs its staff under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award. This job is classified under this award as Level 3.4
Leading Not-For-Profit Organisation
An exciting opportunity to join a team with the common vision of allowing young people to flourish, understand their influence, and impact the world selflessly.
- Not-For-Profit organisation named the most innovative charity in Australia for 2018 & 2019!
- Be part of a fun, collaborative and inclusive team
- Help to make a difference in young people's lives
Burn Bright is a social enterprise, not-for-profit organisation, that was established in 2014. At Burn Bright we encourage, challenge and develop students through tailored experiential leadership, wellbeing programs, digital programs and national camps. We are student leadership and wellbeing specialists who work with students from Year 5 to Year 12.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
This is an exciting opportunity that is sales and growth-focused and will see Burn Bright continue to successfully expand in Australia. You will be responsible for generating and building on new partnerships for Burn Bright; expanding the business and growing our number of school and community partnerships for all deliverables of Burn Bright - in person, and digital programs and national camps. This role will work closely with the Burn Bright Relationships Manager and report to the Head of Business Development.
Your role will focus on the following detailed functions:
- You will manage the sales function for Burn Bright’s schools and parents helping us to grow our digital programs, face to face programs and camps. Specifically, you will manage:
- 35% - In-bound leads - action and conversion of warm inbound leads. We receive about 5 - 10 warm leads per day.
- 65% - Out-bound sales - responsible for stakeholder outreach and outbound cold lead generation and conversion. We will assist you with school lists and customer profiles for your outbound calling.
- Manage new clients and guide them fully through to point of purchase for handover to the Burn Bright Relationship Manager who will manage ongoing delivery and rebooking.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of Burn Bright programs, impact and offerings for young people, schools and community organisations.
- Complete effective and detailed CRM management of all new stakeholders, sales, leads and purchases.
- Create proposals and quotes for teachers and partnering community organisations.
- Work as part of the business development team to implement strategies that help Burn Bright to grow.
- Cold outreach to complete a government contract to deliver our digital courses to 20,000 young people from low SES, regional and remote school communities to participate in our digital individual leadership courses.
This role will not facilitate in schools or attend Burn Bright camps except on the infrequent occasion when it is helpful to gain a further understanding of the programs we deliver.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
In any role at Burn Bright, we look for someone with the required skill set, but above all, has the right cultural fit. We are looking for a natural connector who also knows how to hustle. You will be quick to build rapport and embody a balance between growing our partnerships and building new relationships.
Some other key desirable skills that will enable your success are:
- Genuine interest in seeing and helping young people flourish
- Holds a positive, resilient attitude and values growth personally and professionally
- Outstanding oral and written communicator
- Is comfortable with being on the phone for a lot of the day, having sales-focused conversations and cold calling.
- Resilient and has a willingness to work hard,
- Enjoys a challenge and is KPI and target driven
- Enjoy working both independently and collaboratively in an often fast-paced environment
- Ability to innovate, problem-solve and be creative in lead generation
- Demonstrated success in sales, cold calling, lead generation, and relationship management
- A bonus - strong working experience within the not for profit / for-purpose sector or specifically in education sector sales.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate their ability to live out our Burn Bright values:
- Serve outside the spotlight
- Be daring
- Put your relationships first
- Heart centred
- Better never stops
- Celebrate quirk, bring joy
- Embrace your story
Burn Bright’s office is currently located in Thornleigh, Sydney and as a part of this role, you will be required to attend the office on regular occasions. Flexible work locations will become available as the roll progresses. However, we anticipate the initial few months will require the majority of your time to be in the Burn Bright office.
SOME OF THE PERKS, YAY
At Burn Bright we pride ourselves on our heart-centred culture. We believe in building each other up – Affirming the good in one another and putting your relationships first. By joining our Team you will have the opportunity to:
- Celebrate your quirk
- Work closely with schools to help their young people lead themselves and with others, whilst also building protective factors for their wellbeing.
- We have flexible working arrangements, which include a combination of in-person office time and flexible working from home arrangements.
- We have team day every fortnight on Friday, where we meet as a team to enjoy a meal and share what’s happened over the past fortnight and what is upcoming for the next.
- Each year Burn Bright has a Team Retreat where we go away for 2 - 3 days to build relationships and reconnect with our vision.
A few final things:
- Burn Bright is a child safe organisation and takes safeguarding and child safety extremely seriously. All staff that work for Burn Bright are bound by a strict set of policies and practices that are designed to protect and care for all the young people we come into contact with.
- You will be paid fortnightly.
It is a requirement that you have the following:
- A current paid employee NSW Working with Children Check (if you do not already have one, you have a willingness and ability to get one. Any job offers will be conditional on having a valid check).
- Willingness to have a police background check carried out on your behalf to ensure you meet our strict working with children requirements.
- You must not have any criminal offences that would prohibit you from working with children or be barred from working with children in any global jurisdiction.
To submit your application, click Apply Now.
If you wish to make contact with our team prior to, or during your application, please reach out on (02) 8070 9217.