- Excellent Career opportunity
- Varied role
- Great team environment
The Brotherhood of St Laurence has a vacancy for a Learning & Development Consultant for the Aged Care Division across residential and community care.
The L&D Consultant will deliver creative, best practice, engaging learning and development programs to support the aged and community care division achieve the vision and operational plans and meet the standards. You will have a passion for designing programs that enhance the care and support our staff deliver as well as excellent, communication, mentoring and coaching skills to provide best practice learning programs to a diverse range of staff.
Your previous experience in nursing or aged care together with your outstanding ability to design and deliver innovative training will make you an ideal candidate.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Facilitating the delivery of clinical education modules, developing resources for face to face and on-line learning
- Planning, design and delivery of compulsory education days, short courses, workshops, blended learning programs and resources using adult learning principles
- Delivering programs with a clinical focus including clinical education days for nurses, competency assessments for direct care staff including Manual Handling, medications
- Development of content that can be applied to eLearning delivery
- Development, implementation and review of training and assessment strategies, including competency assessments
- Provide support to the Learning and Development manager to implement processes, systems and frameworks to create a learning culture
- Support learning to ensure compliance with National Standards including the Aged Care Community Standards
- Assisting with Learning and Development Systems and processes
To be successful you require:
- Registered or Enrolled Nurse with AHPRA registration
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE) or higher is essential
- Experience in Aged or Community Care - 2/3 years ideally as a learning and development consultant
- Demonstrated experience in designing and delivering creative training
- Excellent clinical knowledge with customer service focus is essential
- Outstanding communication written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Experience in the design and facilitation of end to end learning and development programs within an organisation
- Innovative and creative approach to training delivery and resource development
- Understanding of traineeship models and student placements(desirable)
- Ability to design into eLearning LMS(desirable)
- Current Driver’s License
This is a full-time position working 38 hours per week, based in Fitzroy (part time 0.8 may be considered). Some travel will be required to sites in Frankston and Sunshine.
Attractive annual salary plus superannuation plus salary packaging provisions available to increase take home pay.
To view a full position description, please click here.