The result of an amalgamation in 2017, Cystic Fibrosis Community Care (CFCC) now covers Victoria and New South Wales, with offices in Sydney and Melbourne. It provides advocacy and information services to people living with cystic fibrosis, as well as their families. CFCC supports research, in addition to fundraising to enable service provision, and conducting awareness programs for the general public.
Reporting to the CEO, you will lead fundraising, marketing and communications efforts aimed at diversifying income streams throughout the public, philanthropic and corporate sectors. Your objective is to drive brand awareness, enhance profile and ensure CFCC's growth and sustainability.
As an accomplished hands-on senior manager in fundraising, marketing and communications, you will be a big picture thinker who is articulate and engaging, with proven success in driving strategic growth and managing diverse stakeholders. An inspirational leader who thrives on complexity and teamwork, you demonstrate great people skills in managing your team of four, plus a passion for the purpose driven sector and the cause itself.
Please send a brief CV (word format) or ring Jeremy Wurm on 0419 529 525 or Michelle Lyon on 0476 498 982, in confidence.
Cystic Fibrosis Victoria (CFV) was founded in 1974 by a group of parents of children with cystic fibrosis and became an Incorporated Association in 1984. CFNSW was founded in 1967 by a group of parents and clinicians to help support children and families living with CF. In 2017 CFV became known as Cystic Fibrosis Community Care (CFCC) as we believe this more accurately reflects our fundamental role, caring for our community. Shortly after our name change, Cystic Fibrosis NSW merged with CFCC to become one organisation that represents the interests of people living with CF and the CF community across Victoria and New South Wales. We have offices in Melbourne and Sydney.
CFCC provides advocacy, support and information services to people living with CF and their families. We also conduct awareness programs for the general public and fundraise to support service provision to families and adults living with CF, and to promote CF research.
Purpose of Role
The Head of Fundraising & Marketing leads the organisation’s fundraising, marketing and communications activities. They are responsible for the relevant strategy for growing Cystic Fibrosis Community Care (CFCC) income from the public, philanthropic and corporate sectors and improve brand awareness and profile. The overarching aim is to increasingly diversify and build on the existing fundraising revenue base to ensure CFCC can continue to deliver information, support and advocacy services to people with CF.
As an accomplished hands-on senior manager in fundraising, marketing and communications, you’ll be a big-picture thinker, articulate and engaging with proven success in driving strategic growth and managing diverse stakeholders. As an inspirational leader who thrives on complexity and teamwork, you will demonstrate great people management skills and a passion for the not-for-profit sector and the cause.
In addition, this position is expected to contribute to a broader leadership role within CFCC as a member of the Leadership Team. This team contributes to CFCC strategic planning, business development and organisational performance.
- Contribute to organisational strategy and assist in the development of the annual organisational plans as a member of the Leadership Team.
- Lead the development, implementation and review of the fundraising and marketing strategies and associated activities.
- Oversee and support the preparation and implementation of annual department plan.
- Monitor the overall effectiveness and impact of CFCC fundraising and communication strategies and provide regular reports to the Leadership Team and Board.
- Develop annual budgets for the department in consultation with other members of the Leadership Team and in line with available resources and priorities.
- Ensure that funding contractual obligations regarding finance and acquittals are fully met.
- Manage the growth of an active portfolio of funding initiatives to meet the resourcing priorities of the organisation.
- Develop a comprehensive fundraising strategy that is agreed, understood and linked to the organisation’s KPIs; and identify and respond to opportunities for funding from the corporate, philanthropic and community sectors.
- Develop comprehensive marketing strategies and a calendar for the organisation’s fundraising and events activities and manage the successful delivery of these objectives and targets.
- Evaluate and monitor fundraising income and expenditure, ensuring activities are commercially sound.
Marketing, Communications & Brand Management:
- Develop and manage marketing strategies aimed at advancing awareness of CFCC programs, brand and fundraising activities.
- Oversee the management and optimisation of CFCC reputation and public profile through the sustained and strategic use of public relations, marketing and communication techniques and agencies, as required.
- Provide guidance and support to other departments to ensure communications are coherent and consistent with the brand and key messaging.
- Oversee the implementation of the media strategy and advise the Leadership Team on media relations and reputation management issues.
- Act as a spokesperson, and represent the organisation at public events, as appropriate and required, including public speaking/pitching to boardrooms and large groups.
- Drive and foster a sustainable team that encourages high performance at all levels of the department.
- Ensure all staff have and understand their job descriptions and have achievable and realistic development plans in place.
- In collaboration with the Leadership Team, provide clear direction and lead by example.
Compliance, Policy and Process Management:
- Oversee the development and ongoing management of processes.
- Ensure that all policy and procedure rules are clearly documented and updated as required.
- External fundraising and marketing activities, comply with legislation.
- To ensure that the database is structured to meet the organisation’s needs and to ensure data privacy/ security.
Active member of the CFCC team:
- Behave in accordance with CFCC values, policies, guidelines and procedures and all legislation applicable to the role (including, but not limited to privacy, confidentiality, OHS, discrimination, bullying and harassment etc).
- Actively develop and promote the desired culture of CFCC by ensuring all interactions, documentation and communications are conducted in a manner that supports the organisation’s vision, mission and values.
- Take reasonable care of your own health and safety and the health and safety of others, identify hazards and risks and take corrective action as required.
- Participate in meetings, training, education and other CFCC activities as required.
Decision Making Authority:
Authority to make decisions in accordance with the approved CFCC Fundraising and Marketing Plans. Selection of fundraising and events methods and techniques based on sound judgement.
Direct Budget Responsibility:
Authority to spend within budget limits as approved by the CEO.
Requirements of the Position
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Tertiary degree in Business/Marketing/ Communications and/or 5 years fundraising and marketing experience.
- Experience in donor development and fundraising across a range of fundraising channels and platforms.
- Proven track record in implementing fundraising strategies and campaigns.
- Demonstrated expertise with databases.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate, be persuasive, develop trust and maintain flourishing working relationships.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and stay well organised.
- A strong track record as both a strategic thinker and implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
This job requires occasional flexible working at weekends, evenings and trips away.