- Help achieve better health outcomes for local communities
- Join a team of highly motivated health professionals
- Generous salary packaging, five weeks' annual leave, free parking
About the Company
Brisbane North PHN supports clinicians and communities in Brisbane's northern suburbs, Moreton Bay Regional Council and parts of Somerset Regional Council. It covers approximately 4,100 km2 of urban, regional and rural areas, with a population of over 1,000,000.
Our vision is a community where good health is available for everyone. We work with others to create and deliver the best possible health and community care system for the people of our region.
Our PHN’s goals:
- Be informed and led by community voice
- Re-orient the health system toward care close to home
- Build capacity of providers to meet health needs of our region
About the role
Work collaboratively with general practices and the hospital and support people living with chronic health conditions to continue to live well in their own homes. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with a passion for primary health care, who is keen to work within a vibrant organisation to improve the primary health care landscape in the region.
The successful applicant will be supporting clients from both our Lutwyche and North Lakes offices.
Applicants must be clinical nurses, currently registered with APHRA.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide timely phone and face-to-face assessment and review to deliver comprehensive coordination of health, community and social support services for people of any age who have complex chronic health conditions and needs
- Provide information and resources to empower patients to stay at the centre of their own care and make informed decisions
- Maintain confidential client records with accurate data collection, assessment and case notes summaries
- Liaise with health and community services providers to coordinate appropriate supports for patients
- Work collaboratively with program referrers including general practice staff, general practitioners (GPs) and hospital staff to collectively improve patient’s care and quality of life
- Provide feedback/case summaries to referrers to support the integration of patient care
- Conduct work activities in accordance with workplace health and safety policies in particular in relation to home visiting practices
- Retain active professional relationships with government and non-government service providers and associated stakeholders in the primary care sector
Skills and Experience (see Position Description for full Selection Criteria)
- Registered Nurse with AHPRA registration (or relevant government body)
- Recent clinical experience and competency in community/practice nursing practice
- Knowledge of local public and private primary health care services and resources related to the care of the aged, people with chronic health problems and their carers
- High level of critical analysis, problem solving and decision making in order to apply appropriate interventions in complex situations
- Well-developed written and communication skills with the ability to engage effectively with a range of stakeholders
Brisbane North PHN offers the successful candidate the chance to work for a dynamic and innovative organisation. You'll enjoy working with our supportive staff and the learning opportunities provided from the exposure to a range of diverse projects.
- Generous salary packaging arrangements available
- Annual professional development funding available
- Free undercover parking
- Five weeks' annual leave pro rata per annum
- 17.5% leave loading
- Employee Assistance Program
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please -
We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, people with lived experience of mental illness and people with disabilities.