We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team as a Childcare Team Leader in a unique community setting, delivering high-quality education and care to children.
- Lead and direct the activities of staff, students and volunteers within the service in line with relevant policies, procedures, regulations, legislation and laws
- Provide leadership, support, and mentoring to all staff, students and volunteers within the service
- Lead, guide and support educators to create a safe, supportive, stimulating and educational environment for all children
- Develop and implement age-appropriate curriculum and activities to promote children's physical, social, and cognitive development
- Collaborate with other team members to create a positive and inclusive learning environment
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and policies, including health and safety guidelines
- Foster positive relationships with staff, volunteers and families, addressing any concerns or issues in a timely and professional manner
Essential Skills/ Experience :
- Demonstrated ability to lead, support, and communicate with staff, students and volunteer and motivate a team of individuals from various cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrated knowledge of government regulation, contractual obligations and guidelines that apply to Children's Services
- Capacity to implement an inclusive Early Childhood Curriculum suitable for children from birth to school age, consistent with the Early Years Learning Framework principles under Victorian Children’s Services Regulations
- Demonstrated experience in developing childhood service programs that respond to children's and family’s needs
- Experience providing a safe and appropriate environment for staff, children and families
- Ability to communicate and cooperate with all individuals
- Independently managing time, prioritising, and planning work to meet set timelines in an environment of competing priorities
- Understanding of and commitment to working in a community organisation or relevant environment with an ability to relate to a wide range of people
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the broad range of Microsoft Office products, StoryPark or similar software and confidence with email, Internet and Cloud-based technology
- Experience in, or a deep understanding of, a community-based Victorian Children’s Service will be highly regarded
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Diploma in Children’s Services.
- Current Level 2 First Aid.
- Current Working with Children Check and Police Check.
- Current C.P.R.
- Current Anaphylaxis Management training.
- Current Asthma Management training or willingness to obtain.
- Extensive experience leading a team.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position please call Chris Lombardo (CEO) on 0408 810 795.
A position description is attached.