The Bower is a not-for-profit environmental Charity that assists the community by diverting waste from landfill through Second Hand Stores, Workshops, & Collection and Rehoming Service. We are looking for a part time sales person to join us, working as part of a team in a vibrant, fast paced environment with many elements under the one roof.
Tasks will involve but are not limited to customer service, general sales, stock valuation & display, maintaining & implementing daily records & shop procedures.
- Set up the shop for the day’s trading ensuring that all available products are on display, the shop is clean, tidy and clutter-free and that the till float is correct.
- Constantly monitor presentation and quality of stock.
- Operate the cash register and perform end-of-day procedures.
- Promptly serve customers, identifying customer needs & providing customer service.
- Respond to customer enquiries - in person or by phone.
- Handle retail records (such as computer data entry of sales, ‘holds’, hiring of props, etc.).
- Receive, check, load/unload, sort, display and price items.
- General labor (involving regular heavy lifting, i.e. greater than 10 kg).
- Ensure that the waste is disposed of in accordance with Bower policy and procedures.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Ensure that WH+S regulations are always practiced in the performance of the position’s duties and actively participate in the maintenance and improvement of WH+S procedures including risk assessment processes.
- Take responsibility for The Bower infrastructure and general running and maintenance of Bower equipment in accordance with procedures.
WHAT THE BOWER PROVIDES:
- Min of 2 to 3 days per week.
- Pay rates according to Retail award MA000004 Level 3
- 20% staff discount on purchases of stock (excluding consignment).
- Access to Bower workshop & tools (pending completion of competency appraisal).
- Comprehensive Work Health & Safety (WH&S) policy to ensure safe working conditions.
- Comprehensive Policy & Procedures database — guidelines for activities undertaken by Bower.
- Thorough induction to The Bower & processes involved in working here.
- Experience in cash handling, ideally in a retail environment.
- Experience in presentation and display of goods and stock management.
- Ability to assess potential value of second hand materials & products.
- Ability to engage & communicate in a positive manner, with a diverse & sometimes challenging group of customers & suppliers.
- Ability to provide instructions to & supervision of volunteers.
- Knowledge of safe work practices (Work Health & Safety - WH&S).
- Used to work unsupervised
- Excellent time management and self-motivation.
- Ability to follow procedures & instructions.
- Concern for resource conservation, recycling & reuse.
- Physical stamina & fitness.
For more information Contact Programs Manager, Louise Grace, via email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Salesperson enquiry via EthicalJobs or via phone 95686280.
A position description is attached.