- Employer: The Bower Reuse and Repair Co-op
- Work Type/s: Casual Part time - 20 hrs
- Accountability: Directly to the Program Manager and CRS Manager
- Award: Retail Award
- Sector: Not For Profit (NFP)
- Location: Sydney - Marrickville
The Bower is a not-for-profit environmental charity that assists the community by diverting waste from landfill through collections of preloved goods, second hand shops and workshops.
As Online store and administration officer you will provide administrative assistance to the Programs manager and the Collection and Rehoming manager. Your tasks include managing online store, databases and reception.
Required tasks include
- Manage online store
- Uploading images
- Writing engaging narrative
- Pack and send goods
- Research pricing for goods
- Increase sales of goods
- Collection and Rehoming Service administration
- Assist with handling incoming donations
- Assist with assessing quality, volume and value of donated goods
- Update reuse database
- Maintain relation with businesses listed in database.
- Responding to incoming calls
- Assist people with inquiries and provide positive solutions
- In general
- Assist sales staff if and when needed
- Other tasks as delegated by managers
Please respond to each of the following Necessary and Preferred criteria - considering your skills, knowledge and past experience if relevant.
We will also need your CV to complete your application.
- Excellent phone manner: attentive, polite, constructive and cheerful
- Ability to communicate in a positive manner with a diverse group of customer
- Computer literacy: windows office suite, database experience and excel skills
- Ability to work unsupervised including prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent accuracy and high attention to detail
- Interest in environmental issues
- Research data online and uploading data on Ebay
- Good communication skills written and oral
- Experience in retail sector
- Knowledge of Sydney’s Inner west, Eastern, Western and Southern suburb regions
- Knowledge of vintage and 2nd hand sector
What The Bower Provides:
- Casual Part Time contract – 20 hours - with option to become full time
- Pay rates according to Retail Award Lvl 1
- 20% staff discount on purchases of stock (excluding consignment).
- Access to Bower workshop & tools (pending completion of competency appraisal).
- Comprehensive Work Health & Safety policy to ensure safe working conditions.
For more information Contact Programs Manager, Louise Grace, via email email@example.com, using the subject line: Online Store and Administration Junior Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs or via phone 02 9568 6280.