- SCHADS Award Level 4 - $82,216 trp (including salary $74,172)
- Salary packaging option (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
- Full time position based in Tiwi Islands
- Remote area allowance & Relocation assistance offered
- Five weeks annual Leave
- Bi-monthly weekend visits to Darwin (Additional Employee Benefit)
CatholicCare NT is a not-for-profit organisation, providing social services and programs to individuals, couples, families, children, groups, schools and agencies across the Northern Territory. We provide a number of programs and services throughout the Northern Territory including Top End, Central Australia and remote regions. These programs and sites have a combined large vehicle fleet, site offices and other buildings linked to the various programs operating across the Tiwi Islands.
Comprising Bathurst and Melville Islands, with a population of around 2500, the Tiwi Islands are only 80km north of Darwin. The islands are home to the Tiwi people, who have a strong affiliation with their land and a distinctive culture and language. There are school and medical facilities on the islands and regular plane, passenger ferry and barge services operating from Darwin.
The Tiwi Islands are known as 'the islands of smiles'. The Tiwi people are internationally renowned for their individual style of art including carvings and bright textile designs. Prized by collectors, many Tiwi artists have exhibited around the world.
The Fleet and Maintenance Officer has responsibility for maintaining the vehicle fleet in good working order, ensuring all vehicles are registered and roadworthy, supporting WHS requirements and undertaking general maintenance of the site and outdoor areas at all CatholicCare facilities across the Tiwi Islands. The position will have responsibility for building maintenance, repairs and other works required to ensure CCNT and CCNT Resources operated buildings in Wurrimiyanga, Milikapiti and Pirlangimpi communities are functional and safe.
- A trade qualification in construction, electrical or mechanical fields is highly desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities including fleet management, coordination of grounds, building maintenance and infrastructure projects and support compliance with Work Health and Safety requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of fleet and asset management and maintenance.
- Ability to coordinate tagging and testing or ability to acquire the skills to tag and test CCNT electrical assets.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to work across teams and communicate appropriately with local cultural groups, in a fluent manner.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology, including work documents, excel, email and electronic databases.
To apply, please click the apply now button to be redirected to out employment portal.
A position description is attached.
Interviews will be conducted the week of: 16 August 2021.
Expressions of interest from third party job boards will not be considered.
Safeguarding Children & Young People. CatholicCare NT is committed to maintaining zero tolerance of child abuse and neglect, and the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access our activities, programs, services and facilities. Employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National police check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
If you have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the past 10 years, this position requires you to complete an International Criminal History check (ICHC) prior to you employment commencement date. The outcome of the initial screening check must be satisfactory.