- Are you an experienced Community or Customer Service professional with a passion for supporting clients in need?
- Are you looking for a rewarding and meaningful job opportunity based in Mt Druitt and Penrith?
- Our staff are mission-hearted and highly engaged… are you?
As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we exist to serve our community, enrich life and share the love of Jesus. Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life.
To find out more please visit: www.anglicare.org.au.
- Excellent remuneration package and company benefits
- Working with a dynamic and dedicated team
- Introduction & opportunity to build experience in Community Services
About the Role:
As costs for day-to-day expenses such as rent, food and power continue to rise, a setback such as sickness, loss of a job or an unexpected bill can make you feel your financial situation is getting out of control. Anglicare’s Food & Financial Assistance (FFA) program can provide immediate practical assistance and longer-term solutions to help our clients build a more hopeful future.
In this role you will provide case work support to clients experiencing financial hardship. This includes developing case plans with clients, providing advocacy and referrals, supporting clients to develop financial literacy skills and providing financial support towards living expenses in line with guidelines. You will also participate in community development and outreach events and work closely with other Anglicare programs and service providers.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Engage vulnerable clients with compassion and clarity, identifying their needs in line with organisational procedures.
- Ensure each client’s needs are met by developing a case plan with them, clearly defined and with achievable outcomes
- Provide advocacy, referrals and financial literacy skills development for clients as needed in line with case plans
- Provide material assistance to clients (such as food or contributions towards rent or bills) to support them through immediate financial crisis in line with case plans
- Actively support the team, contribute to team meetings and events, and demonstrate Anglicare’s vision, mission and values in the way you conduct your work
- Work towards program targets, and within funding guidelines and organisational procedures
- Engage in local forums / inter agencies, church partnerships and networking opportunities to develop improved supports for our clients and community and to ensure the FFA program is well known.
- Ensure documentation meets organisational, legislative and funding requirements by completing and maintaining appropriate client documentation and statistical information. This includes preparing reports or case studies as required.
- Degree or diploma in Social Work, Community Services or similar; or less formal qualifications with substantial relevant experience.
- Experience working with diverse disadvantaged people groups (especially people in financial hardship)
- Strong people skills – ability to connect with, understand and interact positively with colleagues, clients and community members
- Well-developed communication skills, written and verbal
- Genuine compassion for people in need and an ability to understand their unique stories
- Ability to provide support to clients who present with complex needs
- A driven, hardworking, flexible and proactive attitude to work
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office and database use
- Strong time management and ability to prioritise workload
To find out more about this opportunity, please email the recruitment team at email@example.com using the subject line: Case Worker - Food and Financial Assistance enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched, and communities strengthened.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; closing date is subject to change without notice.