Beyond Zero Emissions is an internationally recognised energy think-tank, that shows through independent research and innovative solutions how Australia can thrive through a transition to a zero-emissions economy.
Beyond Zero Emissions’ work is internationally recognised and respected. Our recent Million Jobs Plan has received wide coverage and garnered support across the spectrum.
We are the only think-tank that leverages volunteers that willingly give their expertise in engineering, science, economics and communications to create economically compelling climate change solutions.
This role is responsible for leading the delivery of research and climate solution projects including:
- Scoping and coordinating high impact research projects suited to a (largely) volunteer research team
- Forming strategic research questions and coordinating high-quality research
- Reviewing and synthesising data and information to identify themes, strategy, and narratives
- Writing and editing research in plain language for a general audience
- Providing data to inform policy recommendations
- Designing effective opportunities for experts to contribute to research
- Ability to adapt research objectives as project or organisational priorities change in an evolving landscape
- Identifying and coordinating expert peer review of research prior to publication.
- At least five years’ experience in a research role or similar, where you have successfully pursued questions, solved problems, created solutions and communicated them well to a broad audience
- The ability to identify, scope and initiate research projects that will positively influence climate action in Australia
- A high level of attention to detail to produce credible and transparent results that are backed by evidence, calculations and analysis
- Excellent communication skills, with demonstrated experience in presenting and promoting research outcomes to broad audiences, for example through published articles, presentations or media interviews
- Demonstrated skills in delivering results while working with cross-functional teams
- Experience in the NFP sector, or experience working with interns and volunteers, is well regarded for this role
We encourage applicants to apply early for any advertised positions, as we are assessing all applications upon receipt and moving directly to interview stage with suitable candidates.
If you have a specific query about this position, contact Madeline Townsend on 0404 828 903 or firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Hunter Researcher - Newcastle enquiry via EthicalJobs.