- Full time fixed-term role (2 year contract)
Beyond Blue’s vision is for all people in Australia to achieve their best possible mental health.
Our mission is to work with the community to improve mental health and prevent suicide.
We aim to achieve this through:
- Promoting mental health and wellbeing
- Being a trusted source of information, advice and support
- Working together to prevent suicide
- Beyond Blue's values, which are Collaboration, Respect, Enthusiasm, Excellence, Innovation and Integrity
about the role
Beyond Blue is moving through a phase of significant technological transformation that is targeted toward major business improvement across the organisation. An experienced Business Analyst (BA) is required to support several change activities. The changes specific to this role are our new People and Culture Systems and Employee Experience Projects.
Reporting to the Project and Process Delivery Manager, the BA, will support the Project Managers in the design and implementation of new services successfully across the business and into IT BAU operations. The BA will be required to work closely with the PMs, Business Sponsors, SMEs and the IT Team to deliver the objectives outlined in the recently approved Business Transformation Strategy and Business Game Plans, focusing on technology solutions that are agile, efficient, reliable and resourceful.
The BA will support the IT team and business projects employing their business systems analyst skills and knowledge whilst fostering collaborative relationships with the business and key program stakeholders. They will, as required, support the delivery of initiatives in all stages of the solution lifecycle from strategy documentation through initial solution sourcing and selection, implementation and handing over to ongoing operations.
- Work with the business to gather requirements and guide the Executive Team through the required technological changes to the business
- Work with the business and IT team members to implement technology solutions that are agile efficient, reliable and resourceful in line with the IT Strategy
- Apply appropriate techniques and tools to model analysis and design outcomes that drive lean and effective business processes
- Document as-is (current state) and to-be (future state) business processes
- Define scope, business drivers, business needs for BT initiatives
- Take a lead role in development of business cases that include cost-benefit analysis
- Facilitate the fit/gap assessment and assist in identifying system solution gaps, analysing requirements and determining benefit impacts
- Data gathering through interviews, workshop facilitation or document review
- Document integration or data migration requirements when required
- As required, guide or assist projects, in developing the Business Requirements for IT system solutions - in accordance with project/program standards
- As required support projects in the development and documentation of system configuration requirements
- Actively lead the preparation for and the conduct of requirements elicitation or solution design workshops
- Manage the traceability of the Requirements and their resolution for their respective functional area throughout the respective project’s lifecycle
- Actively participate and lead the preparation of assigned BT workstream IT related deliverables and other IT Applications or Infrastructure documentation
- Report weekly status, issues and potential risks to the IT Project Manager, BT Program Manager or IT Manager as required
Education / qualifications
- A Bachelor’s or Postgraduate degree in Information Technology (IT) / Information Systems (IS) or an Engineering or Business degree with a heavy focus on IT/IS
- Education or training in the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK)
- Training in Lean and / or Six Sigma methodologies
- Agile Certified Scrum Master/Product Owner
Knowledge / skills / experience
- Minimum of 5 Years of Business Systems Analyst / IT Business Analyst experience
- Proficient in the use of JIRA, Confluence and Visio
- Experience in system/application enabled business process change
- Systems analysis and/or business process analysis experience in at least 2 organisational wide business change project.
- Experience in process modelling (BPMN) and data modelling and Use Case development
- Experience in employing different diagramming techniques such as context diagramming, decomposition diagramming
- Experience in requirements documentation, analysis and management
- Proven experience in planning, conducting and documenting the outcomes from data gathering employing elicitation techniques including facilitated workshops, meetings, document review, survey/questionnaires
- Experience in developing and leading test cases based on business process/requirements
- Experience in Business Case development and the development of the supporting Cost/Benefit models
- Experience in the development and then practical usage of data, applications and technology layers of Enterprise Architecture.
- Ability to analyse documents and elicit requirements using a strong eye for detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to ensure clear communications with internal customers for the purposes of requirements elicitation & documentation, solution definition, and issue resolution
- Strong workshop facilitation and meeting management skills
- Process and data requirement documentation skills
- Ability to efficiently complete and present deliverables in Microsoft Visio, Excel, Word and PowerPoint using medium to advanced knowledge in these tools
- Ability to proactively identify areas for improvement, present alternative solutions to problems and gather the resources required to undertake the resolution of issues.
how to apply
To submit your application please click the 'Apply' button below.
Applications should include a current CV with a cover letter that addresses why you would consider yourself to be a cultural addition to Beyond Blue and how your skills and experience would be attributes to the position.
For detailed information about this position please refer to the attached position description.
NOTE: Short-listing of candidates will commence prior to the closure of this role, so please do not delay submitting your application.
Applicants are encouraged to view the Beyond Blue Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan 2020-2022.
Beyond Blue is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We strongly encourage people from all cultural backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Preferred candidates will be required to undertake pre-employment screening, including a National Police Check and where required a Working With Children Check.