- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 Award, Level 5 (From $82,000 +Training Allowance + Salary Sacrifice)
- Work with a progressive and dynamic social services organisation that uplifts the community
- Utilise your specialist DFV skills to demonstrate best practice, coach and build organisational capacity
- Work, live and play in the gorgeous, air-conditioned Atherton Tablelands
About the role
As Specialist Domestic & Family Violence Practitioner, you will use your deep knowledge and understanding of domestic and family violence to provide specialist expertise and advice to our Case Management team. Your professionalism wll enhance our quality of service delivery, case management practices and build organisational capacity in the Domestic and Family Violence sphere.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Lead case discussions and practice panels, providing specialist advice to practitioners working with families impacted by domestic and family violence.
- Screen for domestic and family violence, including risk assessments, practice and engagement advice, and outreach safety planning.
- Maintain a caseload of high risk domestic and family violence cases in accordance with relevant program practice guidelines.
- Assist the Coordinator in identifying the presence of domestic and family violence within referrals, providing pre-engagement advice, and outreach support if required.
- Facilitate training in consultation with the Coordinator, specific to domestic and family violence practices.
- Support the development of staff capabilities, working with the Coordinator to develop continuous improvement projects using your expertise and operational observations and knowledge of staff work activity.
About Better Together Community Support
Better Together Community Support (formerly Community Services Tablelands), located in the scenic Atherton Tablelands about 1.5 hours away from Cairns, Queensland, is a not-for-profit organisation that delivers a variety of services to the people of the Atherton Tablelands. These range from counselling for families, young people and the elderly to home maintenance and modifications services as well as delivering relief services to the general community through our community hub. Please go to our website at www.bettertogether.com.au for more.
As a current DFV specialist, you role model professionalism and a strong sense of ethics. You are an effective communicator (written, verbal, non-verbal). Personally, you are empathetic with strong conflict-resolution skills and are results-driven. You are an enthusiastic and co-operative team-member with a positive attitude and enthusiasm with a high level of respect for others. You possess cross-cultural knowledge and sensitivity.
- Significant experience working within the field of domestic and family violence.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications within the human service sector, including: social work, psychology, behavioural sciences, counselling, or mental health.
- Post graduate qualifications relating to domestic and family violence are highly desirable.
- Current Class ‘C’ Driver’s Licence.
- Current Working with Children ‘Blue Card’.
- Comprehensive understanding of contemporary issues within domestic and family violence, providing interventions which enhance child wellbeing and family safety.
- Theoretical knowledge and experience working within domestic and family violence practice, including; theories, systemic factors and impacts.
- Experience engaging and developing effective professional relationships with survivors, perpetrators, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working with both survivors and perpetrators of domestic and family violence, utilising a case management model to identify, develop and implement collaborative plans.
- Working effectively as part of a team and providing best-practice guidance as a specialist practitioner with a case load of client-related work.
Benefits & culture
Better Together is an EEO employer and we proudly take an inclusive approach to the workplace. We have an open and collaborative culture that is respectful and mutually supportive of team members. The wellbeing of the people we serve is always first and foremost for staff members.
- Salary sacrifice options;
- Professional development allowance of up to $900 per year (role dependent and subject to agreement from management);
- A warm and supportive team environment;
- Flexible working arrangements including the use of TOIL hours.
For a confidential discussion of the role, please speak to Eileen Rothwell, Corporate Administrator on (07) 4091 3850 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Domestic & Family Violence Practitioner - Atherton Tablelands enquiry via EthicalJobs for the position description.
Please note: Successful candidates are required to undergo a National Police check and have the ability to apply and hold a Working with Children Blue Card.