Bethany Community Support has been in operation for over 150 years. We support individuals within the community through a number of programs including those which:
- Support the education, wellbeing and safety of children
- Support women and children affected by family violence
- Promote accountability for perpetrators who choose to use violence
About the role:
Bethany has an exciting opportunity for a Specialist Child and Family Practitioner located at the Barwon Orange Door. This position is a part time (0.6EFT) time fixed-term until February 2022 and reports to the Child and Family Team Leader. The core purpose of the role is to provide specialist screening, triaging and assessment responses to empower and promote the wellbeing, protection and safety of vulnerable children and families through assessment, referral and community connection and to work collaboratively with Hub practitioners to ensure an integrated service response and oversight of risk.
- Provide expert skills in screening, triage and assessment of child and family vulnerability applying the Best Interests Case Practice (BICM) and Multi Agency Risk Assessment and Management (MARAM) Frameworks to promote the safety, stability, wellbeing and development of children and young people.
- Work closely with other Orange Door practitioners as part of an integrated service delivery team to undertake screening and initial assessment for victims of family violence, vulnerable children and families and perpetrators of family violence.
- Work collaboratively with Orange Door practitioners and the broader service sector to respond to families experiencing family violence and families presenting with multiple and complex needs
Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge of child development/attachment, BICM, MARAM, and screening and assessment of child and family vulnerability
- Advocates and champions to achieve positive change
- Demonstrates commitment to social justice and social inclusion.
- Leads a culture of respectful relationships and behaviour across the organisation.
What we offer
- A diverse and inclusive environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Salary Packaging as per the ATO regulations
In order to comply with mandatory Child Safety Standards, all employment is subject to a valid and current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Bethany celebrates diversity and encourages applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds and identities to apply.