Bethany Community Support has been in operation for over 150 years and has supported individuals within the community through a number of programs. We have a broad range of programs which:
- Help build better relationships
- Support the education, wellbeing and safety of children
- Support women and children affected by family violence
- Assist men who use violence to become accountable for their behavior
- Provide disability services under the NDIS
- Assist people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Assist people experiencing financial stress and provide material aid
- Help those affected by problem gambling
- Support parents in their parenting role
Introduction to role:
Bethany is excited to advertise for the position of Senior Occupational Therapist within the Disability & Therapeutic Services Program based in South West Victoria. Bethany is looking to further develop its Disability Services Program under the NDIS and is seeking Senior Occupational Therapist to join our growing disability services program. Flexible working arrangements with full time or part time employment available and the option to work from Warrnambool, Portland or Hamilton. Given the current impact of COVID-19 flexible employment options are available including the possibility of working from home and providing Occupational Therapy services via digital platforms.
- Provide Occupational Therapy Services for participants of the NDIS within the South West
- Provide evidence based, person focused and family centred assessment and interventions to assist participants and their families achieve the goals identified in individual NDIS plans.
- Prepare evidence based Occupational Therapy reports, case notes and progress updates as required by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA).
- Provide Occupational Therapy within a fee for service delivery model. A key requirement of this role will involve the ability to claim a set number of hours of therapy service per day.
- Provide mentoring and clinical supervision for Occupational Therapy graduates and students
Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in occupational therapy
- General Registration with relevant professional body
- Minimum two years post qualifying professional practice
- Clinical skills in the assessment and development of interventions for people with disability
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A knowledge of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and an understanding of the NDIS Quality and safeguards commission
What we offer
- A diverse and inclusive environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary sacrificing
- Employee Assistance Program
How to Apply
For further information please contact Danielle Lavithis 0409 733 424. To apply for this exciting opportunity and for a copy of the position description, please visit www.bethany.org.au or click Apply Now.
In order to comply with mandatory Child Safety Standards, all employment is subject to a valid and current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Bethany celebrates diversity and seeks to engage respectfully with people of diverse experiences and backgrounds.