- Join a Not for Profit truly living their values and making a difference
- Utilise your lived experience with mental health issues to aid your work
- 28 hours per week
- Woolloomooloo location
BEING is the independent, NSW peak organisation speaking with and for people with lived/living experience of mental health issues and emotional distress. Our primary focus is to ensure the voices of people with mental health issues are heard by decision makers, service providers, and the community, in a way which leads and influences systemic change in services and systems.
BEING is committed to human rights principles of diversity, inclusion, and equity and believes that recovery is possible for all people who live with mental health issues and emotional distress.
With a long standing history of 26 years of operation, BEING is expanding and growing a service provision portfolio, to support people dealing with the day-to-day impacts of mental health issues in their daily living, as well as support the expansion and growth of the lived experience workforce
Our current programs include:
- BEING Supported – Mental Health Peer Support Line
- BEING Leadership Academy
- BEING Suicide Prevention
- BEING Lived Experience Network
- BEING Peer Workforce Network
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Executive Assistant /Office Manager will provide high-level direct executive support and administration functions to the Chief Executive Officer, and perform a full range of administrative and communications support functions internally, and externally with members and key stakeholders.
The role requires an individual who is flexible and adaptive to the changing pace of the organisation, is a highly motivated professional, and can hold professional confidentiality where required.
Some of the key accountabilities include:
- Provides high-level executive and administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Management and coordination of administration and office procedures of the organisation, including meeting needs, room bookings/hire, catering, office supplies, internal drive management, travel arrangements, payments for contractors, organisation for on-boarding new staff.
- Coordinates requests for information from internal and external stakeholders and provides a professional first point of contact for all inquiries, including in person, phones, general email address.
- Manages complex and changing diaries, including scheduling, negotiating appointments and meetings and organising associated and supporting documentation.
- Prepare agenda’s, minutes and other confidential Board documents and provide correspondence and support to the Board as required.
- Coordinate effective meetings including meeting agendas and other documents, taking of minutes for meetings and distribution and coordination of follow up actions.
- Maintain membership, CRM systems and databases, and the storing of information in line with legislation
- Preparing of correspondence, reports, briefing packs and papers for the Chief Executive Officer.
- Other duties as required.
- Proven experience and skills in a similar role providing high level administrative support to the executive and Board.
- High degree of professionalism and judgement with the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Exceptional organisational skills with a high attention to detail, and ability to prioritise competing priorities in a fast paced and pressurised environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and ability to produce formal correspondence with all stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in MS Office, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Supports productive relationships with a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and independently and with people at all levels.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work without organisational hierarchy to achieve results.
We are particularly interested in hearing from people who live with mental health issues.
We are also interested in hearing from people who have prior experience of working in a Not for Profit organisation, and people who understand the mental health system in NSW.
Please include responses to the Desirable criteria in your application.