- Leadership position establishing a new and innovative program across NSW.
- Part time position up to 30 hours per week(contract to June 2022 with possible extension)
- Based in Woolloomooloo
Being is the NSW peak representative organisation for people living with mental health issues and emotional distress. We have a strong focus on human rights, and as such advocate for the rights of people with mental health issues to live and participate in the communities they choose, free of stigma and discrimination.
Our guiding principles are:
- Creating space for people with lived/living experience of mental health issues to have their voices heard;
- Ensuring that recovery-oriented and trauma-informed practice underpins all aspects of Being’s operation;
- The belief that a life free of stigma and discrimination are human rights for every person;
- Providing capacity-building opportunities for all people with lived/living experience to grow;
- Ensuring that everything Being does is consumer led.
Our operational and governance structures have a majority of people living with mental health issues, including our staff and Board, who draw on their unique skills and experiences as consumers and survivors of services. Our membership base is made up predominantly of people who identify as personally living with mental health issues.
About your new role
Working collaboratively with the CEO, Manager, and the Being Learning Academy team, you will play an instrumental part in developing, implementing and evaluating a new service program to our organisation, The Being Learning Academy.
The primary focus of the Education Coordinator will be in developing and implementing training and education packages in line with the co-design and co-production principles, as well as our organisational values.
This position may require some travel.
- Personal experience of living with mental health issues and demonstrated ability to utilise your own recovery to support and inspire hope and recovery for others.
- Experience in designing non-accredited training from concept to delivery, in line with adult learning principles.
- Ability to be creative and innovative in the development of learning strategies.
- Minimum qualification of Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE10 or later), or significant experience in a training role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and time management skills.
- Experience providing leadership and support to others.
- Thorough understanding of co-production and co-design, and experience in working from these frameworks.
- Knowledge of the mental health sector in NSW.
- Experience in learning & development environment in the disability or community services sector
- Experience in the administration and/or management of digital Learning Management Systems, with knowledge of eLearning tools
- Ability to commence immediately.
BEING is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. This means we apply affirmative action strategies to the employment of people with personal lived/living experience of mental health issues.