Do you have leadership experience and a passion for supporting people with complex needs? If so you could bring your background in nursing, mental health or homelessness services to this dynamic role within a specialist accommodation service.
- Full-time, Permanent role, part of a supportive leadership team
- Northern / Hills Sydney with some flexibility to wfh
- Generous salary package of $100k - $110k + super + NFP benefits
A pivotal role responsible for the operational oversight of a Shared Living home with 3 participants with high complex needs living with a disability. With a Team Leader and a Support Work team reporting to you will ensure a safe, supportive home environment through an ‘active support’ and strong human rights lens. Promoting quality of life, choice and respect for people living with a disability and their families/carers.
A day in the role, you will be responsible for:
- Establishing a human rights / active support approach to person centred practices with clients
- Support the meaningful implementation of behavioural support plans and protocols, by providing data and insights to clinical teams, embedding the strategies and training provided to the Service Community Support Workers.
- Working with the leadership team to assure training and a continuous coaching of team members in active support and behaviour support
- Assists with the allocation of resources, rostering, and logistics to efficiently deliver services within agreed service, budget and staffing parameters and ensure legislation and protocols are being met.
- Provides de-briefs with relevant stakeholders after significant client behavioural incidents.
- Management, organisation of and administration of the service
What you bring to the role
- You will hold a relevant qualification, specifically within Nursing, Allied Health or other human services.
- Have demonstrated leadership of people and the development of practice excellence across teams
- Experience developing, implementing, and monitoring programs, for individuals with complex needs and behavioural support from a human rights and ‘active support’ lens
- Experience in operating a service to budget and money management skills, e.g. Petty cash and budgets associated with the house roster.
- Understanding of the relevant legislation and professional knowledge in the disability / NDIS space
- Be highly organised with excellent time management skills, and the ability to multi-tasks and work within timeframes
- Excellent communication - written and verbal - and interpersonal skills
Does this sound like the right fit for you? Then get in touch by clicking "Apply Now" and submitting your updated resume. Have a few questions?
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Service Manager - Accommodation enquiry via EthicalJobs or call 0426161985 to find out more information.