NDIS Supports Coordinator
Beaumont People are excited to partner with an established and well renowned NFP organisation who are passionate and committed to providing outstanding, inclusive, person centred services to adults living with a disability. Empowering them and their Carers to connect with the community and lead purposeful, happy lives.
About the role
As NDIS Supports Coordinator you will provide coordination to a team of casual community support staff who deliver supports to people with a disability, as identified in a person’s individual plan, and in line with the NDIS and National Disability Service Standards.
Covering a maternity leave vacancy, this will be a full time contract till December 2021 based in Haberfield, Sydney.
In this busy role you will be a key contact for participants and carers in the coordination and rostering of services in accordance with a Participants Service Agreement. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Coordinate and roster support services in line with plans, monitoring these services to ensure quality care is provided and that service provision remains within the allocated budget
- Carry out intake assessments to assess support needs of participants and their carers.
- Work collaboratively with participants and carers to support them through developing suitable plans based on their individual needs.
- Provide information and advice about services and resources available from The Ella Centre, along other local resources and supports available to assist in planning for plans.
- Supervise the work of the casual pool team; Providing support, training and regular feedback ensuring high levels of service delivery to meet service user’s needs and that staff are suitably trained, supported and valued for their contribution.
A bit about you
To have success as the NDIS Supports Coordinator you will be a highly organised and personable professional, who strives to provide high-quality services focusing on choice, respect and inclusion for people living with a disability and their carers. You will also have;
- A solid understanding and demonstrated experience working with and providing support to people living with a disability and their carers
- Previous experience within a rostering or coordination role, where you have managed multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Knowledge and understanding of the disability sector, NDIS, and understanding of relevant legislation and standards.
- Ability to build and maintain strong and respectful relationships with participants, carers, support workers and external community stakeholders.
- Have strong and effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated experience using a Client Management System and maintaining high quality data records.
- Relevant qualification in community or human services
- Hold a unrestricted NSW driver's licence and be open to undertaking pre employment checks including WWCC and national police check
What’s in it for you?
- Do something you love and change people’s lives while joining an established and values driven organisation.
- Competitive remuneration package + nfp salary packaging.
- Supportive and collaborative workplace culture.
- Opportunity to work in a challenging and rewarding role with excellent professional develop potentials.
Are you interested?
If so apply today by clicking Apply Now and submitting your resume along with a short cover letter expressing your interest in the role. For more information, please get in touch with Chloe Barton on 04 2616 1985 or email email@example.com using the subject line: NDIS Support Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs.
This role is advertised without a closing date, all applications will be reviewed as they are received so please send your application through A.S.A.P.