- Strategic leadership opportunity
- Incredible opportunities across the financial and corporate sector
- Be a part of influencing systems for change and investing in social outcomes
About the Organisation
Social Ventures Australia (SVA) is a not-for-profit organisation that works with partners to alleviate disadvantage towards an Australia where all people and communities thrive. They influence systems to deliver better social outcomes for people by learning about what works in communities, helping organisations be more effective, sharing perspectives and advocating for change.
SVA’s work that is supported by fundraising and partnerships typically consists of innovative, complex, multi-year programs in partnership with diverse actors across the social sector, including non-profit service delivery organisations, think tanks, research institutions, government agencies, community-based organisations, community leaders among others. They believe in their work and the potential impact it contributes to at scale while recognising the challenge this work can present for traditional fundraising approaches. Consequently, they have a Fundraising and Partnerships team that likewise strives to be innovative and inspirational in its approach to fundraising.
About the Role
The Associate Director Corporate Partnerships is responsible for managing relationships with corporate partners across Australia and generating significant income through corporate foundations and sponsorship.
The role will work directly with an incredible network of financial institutions and large corporates in cultivating a diverse range of partnerships. Building on the existing strategy, the Associate Director Corporate Partnerships must influence and engage at the highest level.
- Lead the corporate partnerships program by developing and implementing a strategy to optimise and increase long-term revenue generation from corporate relationships
- Provide thought leadership in relation to corporate social responsibility
- Manage a portfolio of corporate partnerships and provide exceptional account management, including developing innovative engagement programs, co-branding opportunities and the delivery of retention and growth engagement plans
- Research, prepare and submit compelling grant applications, pitches, and proposals to Corporate Foundations
- Research, identify and acquire new corporate partnership opportunities
- Forecast annual budgets and achieve budgeted revenue and growth targets from corporate partnerships
- Work across teams and together to ensure that key corporate relationships are fostered and funding obligations are met on time, on budget and to specification
- Support the development of the fundraising strategy and successfully implement all aspects of the corporate partnerships business plan
- Support the continuous improvement of the Fundraising and Partnerships team operations, processes, and equitable and ethical fundraising practices
Skills and experience
- Extensive and current knowledge of corporate social responsibility and giving in Australia, and awareness of international trends
- Extensive experience in acquiring and developing a portfolio of corporate partners across sponsorship, corporate foundations and workplace giving
- Demonstrated experience in researching, preparing, and presenting compelling partnership proposals that lead to multiyear significant funding for tied and untied purposes
- Experience in supporting senior leadership, including the CEO, in maintaining key relationships with corporate partners
- Experience working successfully in a complex and diverse funding environment, with the ability to synthesise information for a wide variety of audiences
- Extensive experience in forecasting and meeting expenditure and revenue budgets
- Ability to represent effectively in external environments including pitching in a panel or one on one environment
- High level communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to successfully engage with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to effectively extract critical information and express complex ideas to a variety of audiences
- Solution-focused and proactive as well as highly collaborative
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role, therefore please direct all general enquiries to Rosheen Singh at Beaumont People on firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Associate Director Corporate Partnerships - Social Ventures Australia enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Applicants can apply via the APPLY NOW button below.