- Become a part of a team that is devoted to making the world a healthier place
- Evolve BDI's new operating model
- 2 year full time contract
About the Institute:
The Black Dog Institute is a Medical Research Institute and a global leader in translational mental health research. We harness the latest technology and other tools to quickly turn our world-class research findings into clinical services, education and e-health products that improve the lives of people with mental illness and the wider community.
We pride ourselves on translating our own world leading Workplace Mental Health research into an award-winning culture that encompasses a holistic view of wellbeing. We aim to create a positive, mentally healthy workplace that recognises the importance of meaningful work, balanced lifestyles, psychological well-being and continual learning whilst being guided by our core values - Collaboration, Compassion, Excellence, Innovation and Respect. We offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Salary packaging
- Commitment to Learning and Development
- Flexible working hours and work-life balance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly office
- Social and team events
About the Role:
The purpose of this position is to lead implementation of the Black Dog Institute strategy, focusing on the evolution of a new operating model to support our new FY22-26 Strategic Plan. It will play a key role in collaborating with all levels of management in implementing, measuring, monitoring and reviewing organisational strategy. This includes building relationships and ensuring inter-departmental collaboration in the development of annual operational plans, and providing coaching and capability uplift for business planning against the strategy. The position will also champion innovative and creative thinking practices to successfully embed our research translation processes, and the application of our innovation model, as part of our research translation framework.
- Promote and lead collaboration across all departments and directorates in the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Support the alignment of Black Dog’s research and translation agenda to the strategic objectives and requirements of the organisation.
- In collaboration with the Corporate Partnerships team, develop and maintain strong relationships with key external stakeholders and partners critical to implementation of the organisational strategy.
- Drive the Black Dog Institute's research translation framework, embedding processes and mechanisms to ensure the organisation is well positioned to achieve its strategic objectives for translation.
- Establish and embed effective governance mechanisms to support implementation of the research translation framework, and monitor adoption and uptake, adjusting processes as required and continually building capability.
- Establish an effective model for early-stage ideation to support implementation of the research translation framework.
- Lead activities to scope, plan and facilitate development of operational work plans to drive the performance of the organisation against the stated objectives of the five year Strategic Plan in conjunction with members of the Executive Leadership Team.
- In partnership with the Finance team, translate operating work plans into annual budgets and financial plans.
- Coordinate the development of key performance indicators linked to annual work plans and create and implement processes to monitor and regularly report against key performance indicators.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications or demonstrated relevant, equivalent professional experience and training.
- Demonstrated extensive senior management and leadership experience, with ability to successfully deliver on strategic priorities and manage competing issues to deliver high quality outcomes within required deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in leading organisational planning and implementation with alignment to budget, strategy and purpose.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, negotiation, consultation, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Extensive experience managing teams across a diverse portfolio of programs with proven ability to engage others.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the health and/or not-for-profit sector.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of innovation practice, and experience operationalising processes to support the translation of policies, programs or services.
- Proven ability to manage large stakeholder groups and to work from a position of influence to ensure outcomes; and
- Demonstrated capability of multi-tasking and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the research sector, with a particular focus on health and medical research.
- Experience in research and/or translational research areas that are consistent with the mission and objectives of Black Dog Institute.
- Experience in the not for profit sector.
Please apply using the online portal by clicking Apply Now with your resume and cover letter addressing selection criteria outlined in the position description. Candidates who apply via email will not be considered.
Please email email@example.com, using the subject line: Head of Strategy and Innovation enquiry via EthicalJobs if you have any questions or queries.
The Black Dog Institute is an EEO Employer.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and encouraged to apply.
A position description is attached.