THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Be a part of ground breaking work in supporting Aboriginal Children and their families.
- Creatively work to find solutions for children and their families
- Access to quality training in line with Victoria’s Child Protection workforce
- Unique experience of statutory work within an Aboriginal context
- Work in a supportive and friendly team environment
- Be a part of a leading organisation in the sector
Working within the Mutjang bupuwingarrak mukman program (a Dja Dja Wurrung name meaning “keeping our kids safe”), The Senior Case Manager holds the primary responsibility for case management for the Aboriginal children authorised to BDAC under the Section 18 of the Children’s, Youth and Families Act 2005. The Senior Case Manager will take a leading role in the work with children, families and community to promote the safety, stability and development of Aboriginal children.
- Full Time Employment, Fixed Term 12 Months
- $39.94 per hour
- Access to Salary Packaging
- On-Call Allowance (when required)
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Demonstrated understanding of the Children’s, Youth and Families Act 2005
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development and strategies for working with vulnerable children, young people and their families
- Knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal Culture and the ACCHO environment
- Understanding of self-care and resilience to working with children and families in crisis and who have experienced trauma
- Skills and commitment to supervision and performance management
- Ability to manage competing demands in a structured thoughtful manner
- Ability to transport children, conduct home visits and willingness to travel for training
- Ability to work after hours and on call (when required)
- A recognised Social Work Degree or Community Services qualification
Aboriginal applicants strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information about the position, please refer to the Position Description or contact the Human Resource Team on 03 5442 4947.