The Planned Activity Worker (PAG) will support HACC eligible Aboriginal elders, people with a disability and/or their carers, to stay connected to community, country and culture through social interaction and gatherings.
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Industry Award 2010
- Part Time, 32hrs per week (12mths fixed term)
- 9.5% Superannuation and Access to Salary Packaging
Some of the Key Responsibilities:
- Receive referrals from Intake, make contact with client to engage in planned activities group
- Develop and facilitate approved planned activities for Elders, HACC clients and ABI clients
- Complete six-monthly medical care plans and goal setting plans for each PAG client
- Ensure that the Summary Medical Care Register is updated after reviews and copies given to clients
- Facilitate Care Plan meetings before every activity to ensure safety of each participant
Key Selection Criteria
- Understanding of Aboriginal Culture
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively and efficiently plan and organise own workload
- Experience in rapid engagement and goal settings
- Experience in planning, organising and running activities
- Experience managing and responding to crisis situations; and working within stressful situations
- Understanding of the issues impacting on the Wellbeing of Aboriginal Families in the community
- Data collection, feedback and record-keeping skills
For more information about the position, please refer to the position description or contact the Human Resource Team on 03 5442 4947.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.