- Exciting new position within our Family Safety Team, $31.75 per hour
- Full Time, Fixed Term 12 months (possibility of extension)
- Access to Salary Packaging plus 9.5% Superannuation
The Flexible Support Administrator (FSA) is an exciting new role within the BDAC Family Safety Program. This position is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Family Violence Flexible Support Packages application process, assisting people who have been impacted by family violence to ensure they are provided with support to be safe and recover from their experiences.
This role will also be part of a dynamic program, providing therapeutic support, Community connection, work with people who use violence, victim /survivors case management, secondary consultation, across both BDAC and the Aboriginal Team in the Orange Door. The successful applicant will have opportunity to get hands on experience in all of these areas and will become a key part of our expanding services to Aboriginal individuals and families experiencing or using family violence.
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Industry Award 2010
- $31.75 per hour
Key Selection Criteria
- An understanding of the needs of Aboriginal Community members, a commitment to culturally safe and respectful practice with clients and co-workers.
- Experience in providing high level administration support to projects or programs, preferably within the human services sector.
- Strong computer skills, including a knowledge of data entry processes. A commitment to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, maintaining respectful and professional communication at all times.
- A willingness to work within a family violence program, and an understanding of the kind of work you will be exposed to in this role. An absolute commitment to confidentiality and privacy, as well commitment to ensuring good self-care, seeking support and supervision around work related stress.
- Excellent time management skills. Initiative and motivation to seek out work to ensure the best service delivery to the Community
- A keen, optimistic participant in a team working environment, an interest in working alongside team members, participating across team projects and helping to plan future activities.
- Preferred / Desired - Community Services related qualification will be highly regarded.
- Preferred / Desired - Administration Experience (Community Services context)
For more information about the position, please refer to the position description or contact the Human Resource Team on 03 5442 4947.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.