- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Industry Award 2010
- Full Time, Fixed Term (12 months)
- Competitive Salary plus 9.5% Superannuation
- Access to Salary Packaging
The Cultural Advisor will work with the Aboriginal Family Preservation & Reunification Response Team (AFPRR) to ensure that all services are provided in a culturally safe environment, this will extend to key stakeholders and program partners to provide a consultancy service, The program design and delivery will include knowledge and experience of the local Aboriginal community. This role will involve travel within the Loddon Mallee region.
Key Selection Criteria
- Applicants must identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
- Ability to develop, plan, review and evaluate a local cultural safety training program for Family Preservation & Reunification Services, programs and program partners
- Experience in delivering workshop-style training to all cohorts of people (including Aboriginal people)
- Experience in Data Collection and Evaluation, Report Writing and intermediate computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of the local Aboriginal Community
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in stakeholder engagement with Family services
- Knowledge and experience of BDAC’s programs and services to the local community
For more information about the position, please refer to the attached position description or contact the Human Resource Team on 03 5442 4947.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Previous applicants need not to apply.