- Generous salary packaging benefits
- 17.5% Annual leave loading
- Permanent full time position
About the role
This position will oversee the Family Foundations program and lead a small team of professional staff. The position will also provide clinical consultation and therapeutic services to families of children aged 0-5 including a range of approaches and will be trauma-informed, attachment-focused and strengths-based.
In addition, this position is responsible for the implementation of strategic directions, networking, negotiating, service delivery and quality standard, managing databases and budgets as well as planning for and implementing growth opportunities in consultation with the Executive Manager, and working proactively with other professionals and agencies to enhance client outcomes ensuring collaborative practice across the region.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology and current registration or eligibility for registration with the Psychology Board of Australia to practice as a psychologist. Tertiary qualifications in Social Work or other equivalent qualifications.
- Demonstrated ability to manage programs including budgeting, record management, supervision of staff, financial reporting, short and long term planning, reporting responsibilities to funding bodies.
- Extensive experience in using a range of models and strategies to observe, assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions that influence socio-emotional wellbeing of children and young people and their families, including home-visiting.
- Experience in interventions using a family and child, young person centred approach in providing individual and group therapy to children, young people and their families.
- Sound knowledge of and experience using of attachment theory and trauma-informed practice to assist families, children, and young people.
- Knowledge and understanding of mental health and developmental issues and their relationship to child and adolescent development
- Sound leadership and communication skills.
About the Company
Belconnen Community Service (BCS) is a regional community service formed by the people of Belconnen and incorporated in 1975. BCS provides a wide range of high quality, integrated and inclusive programs and services to individuals, families, children and young people in the Belconnen region.