Summary of the Job
The Rev Bill Crews Foundation is a registered charity whose mission is relieve the poverty, homelessness, distress and disadvantages faced by marginalised individuals. A key aim of the Foundation is to advance education and employment opportunities for young people with a focus on reducing barriers to employment through training and practical experience, collaboration and providing pathways to enable individuals to transition into employment.
The Foundation is seeking to employ an experienced practitioner with highly developed skills in the areas of training, employment and social services working with individuals in gaining the necessary skills and experience required to transition into the workforce.
The Transition 2 Work Program provides skills development, training, work placements and job opportunities to unemployed, disengaged and disadvantaged people with an emphasis on individuals aged between17-30-year-old.
- Minimum relevant qualification in Cert IV (or higher) in Social Work, HR or Psychology and a minimum 3 years’ experience in the Human Services/Community Service field.
- Knowledge of the vocation employment training sector and transition pathways for people to obtain employment.
- Experience liaising with, and knowledge of, key stakeholders including training providers, employers, community organisations, government agencies.
- Community engagement skills and experience.
- Experience achieving KPI’s, record keeping, report writing, data collection and all necessary administrative tasks including well developed computer skills.
- Working with Children Check Number.
- National Police Certificate.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Passionate about creating training and employment opportunities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Integrity and reliability.
The role includes:
- Develop the program participants eligibility framework.
- Work with key stakeholders including educational institutions, other Not for Profit organisations and agencies in the delivery of the program.
- Develop and network with trainee participant referring agencies including present publicly at employment forums and referring agency networking events.
- Ascertain candidate eligibility for the program and manage trainee participant recruitment.
- Support participants to ensure engagement with the program and successful outcomes.
- Mentor participants to the development of job seeking skills including resume writing.
- Create post program employment pathway partnerships and assist trainee participants facilitate further employment opportunities.
For more information about The Bill Crews Foundation please visit our website at https://www.billcrews.org/.
Only people with the right to work in this country may apply for this position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No recruitment agencies please.
A position description is attached.