Bondi Beach Cottage is an established not-for-profit organisation providing family support services combining an occasional childcare centre, catering for 20 children aged between 0-5 years, and a high quality domestic violence counselling/case management service. The Cottage also offers general counselling and parenting groups.
We are seeking a highly skilled, motivated and passionate Acting Coordinator/Nominated Supervisor to support and lead our team of educators at the Cottage.
The successful candidate will work with the support of the Childcare Coordinator.
To be considered for this role it is essential that you have:
- A Diploma in Children's Services or Early Childhood Degree;
- Strong marketing and advertising knowledge;
- Anaphylaxis, Asthma, CPR and First Aid Certificates;
- Awareness of domestic violence: warning signs, safety plans, strategies and appropriate support options;
- Demonstrated understanding of the Children and Young Person (Care and Protection) Act 1998 and child protection mandatory reporting requirements;
- Current Working With Children Check;
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in childcare;
- A high level understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), National Quality Standards (NQS) and Quality Improvement Plans (QIP);
- Sound understanding of CCS and childcare third party software;
- High level of verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to lead and mentor a team of qualified and committed early childhood professionals;
- Willingness to undertake and coordinate ongoing professional development training for Educators.
Duties for the role include:
- Manage the day to day operations of the Centre in line with legislative requirements, company policies and procedures;
- Develop a marketing and advertisement plan to promote the service and maintain high occupancy rate;
- Provide leadership and guidance to all staff;
- Ensure that high quality early learning programs are delivered by a passionate team of Educators;
- Manage staffing rosters efficiently;
- Effectively manage the financial requirements of the Centre in line with budget guidelines;
- Deliver consistent high quality standards for Centre presentation and work practices;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with educators, families, children and the local business community.
Award Classification: Children’s Services Award, Level 5.2 at $28.86 per hour.