- Part time (28 hours per week) Contract to August 2021
- Convenient Ultimo location close to cafes and shops
- Flexibility in office vs working from home mix
- Supportive, fun and friendly team
Barnardos Australia is a leading child protection charity and our vision is to empower every child to reach their full potential. We support vulnerable children to recover and thrive, and believe all children and young people deserve caring families and happy, nurturing and stable homes where they can grow safely. We work tirelessly, together with children, young people and families to break the cycle of disadvantage that faces families experiencing poverty, homelessness, domestic violence and mental illness.
Without donations, Barnardos simply couldn’t provide the level of care we do, to the children who so desperately need it. Our talented staff raise vital funds to enable our frontline staff to deliver effective, evidence led programs that give vulnerable Australian children a chance of a brighter future.
A fabulous opportunity has come up for a highly skilled Trusts & Foundations Manager to join Barnardos for a contract until the end of August 2021, working 28 hours per week. As a flexible workplace, this will be a combination of days working from the office and others working from home. You will be part of a dynamic, collaborative and engaged Philanthropy & Partnerships team who are leading the charge to ensure Barnardos programs are funded now and into the future. With the support of the Head of Philanthropy & Partnerships, this role will build on the success of existing fundraising efforts to manage all aspects of the Trusts & Foundations portfolio and achieve significant budget while developing a healthy donor pipeline to support future program sustainability.
- Manage the annual Trusts & Foundations plan, working closely with valued partners to strengthen and retain partnerships through exceptional service
- Track current funders and identify new grant prospects
- Develop compelling, high quality applications for funding in line with grant guidelines to meet set income targets
- Manage current agreements to ensure all funding obligations are met within budget and contract time frames, including preparing and submitting reports
- Provide outstanding stewardship to create mutually beneficial engagement opportunities
- Plan and prepare annual budgets, and monitor performance and to achieve budget
- Build relationships with key front-line staff to enable significant program knowledge to support proposals and stewardship plans
- Manage relationships between Trusts & Foundations and key internal stakeholders
- Record all activity in database and provide monthly reports to Head of Philanthropy & Partnerships
- Provide a high standard of administration including timely receipting and communication with donors
- Work as part of a proactive and collaborative Philanthropy & Partnership team, contributing to the success of the overall group on wider fundraising initiatives
- Ensure that all work undertaken follows fundraising best practice and charity law
- Maintain high standards of governance in data management
Skills and abilities
- Proven success in high value trusts & foundations grant submissions and knowledge of the Australian philanthropic landscape
- Demonstrated experience in trust and foundations prospect research
- Demonstrated experience implementing income raising strategies and a proven track record of delivery against income targets
- Strong understanding of social impact measurement principles
- Exceptional relationship management with internal/external stakeholders and the ability to communicatively confidently and effectively at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to prepare compelling grant applications
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong organisational and project management skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products and database systems (Raiser’s Edge an advantage)
- Able to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Willingness to work with others to achieve shared team objectives
- Friendly, personable and able to build harmonious working relationships with donors, co-workers and the general public
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
If you are interested in this fabulous opportunity, please hit APPLY NOW and submit your CV together with a cover letter outlining your suitability.
A position description is attached.