Do you want to be part of using the business of banking as a force for good? Do you want to create positive impact for people and the planet? Bank Australia is the bank for people who want to be part of a movement creating a fairer and more just world.
We’re growing fast as more people choose to align their banking with their values. We’re a customer owned, B Corp certified bank. We empower our staff and 160,000+ customers to be part of the clean money movement.
We currently have the opportunity for a full time, permanent Lending Consultant to join our Lending Hub.
As a Lending Consultant, you will be accountable for maintaining service to a high level where profits and customer satisfaction are maximised and contributing to the successful operation of the team. This is achieved through providing and maintaining an excellent customer experience and increasing customer usage of Bank Australia as main financial institution.
Why join us
- We have big plans to become Australia’s most trusted bank and a leading purpose-driven business.
- As a certified B Corp, we’re part of a global business community who meet the highest social and environmental standards, putting purpose over profit.
- Every role and person in our bank is essential to bringing our values, purpose and aspiration to life.
- We offer flexible working options and competitive salary and benefits, including 11% super and paid parental, volunteer and family violence leave.
- We support our staff to grow their careers through learning and development and an organisational culture where we reward and recognise innovation and values, not long hours.
- We are committed to building an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce that reflects the Australian community.
- We are the first bank in the world to own its own Conservation Reserve – which we use to protect threatened species and involve staff in conservation.
What you will be doing
- Assist to develop long term mutually rewarding relationships between Bank Australia and its customers
- Provide and maintain an excellent customer and customer experience
- Attract and retain high value business
- Support and increase conversion of customers to Bank Australia as main financial institution
- Accept and process loan applications, liaising with relevant parties (solicitors, valuers)
- Maintain awareness of legislation governing lending and its impact on day to day loan assessing and processing
- Comply with Bank Australia operating policies and procedures at all times
- Regularly review procedures and recommend areas for improvement.
What you will bring
- Experience in a financial institution environment
- Knowledge of lending policies, procedures and lending legislation eg. National Credit Code (NCC) & Privacy Act
- Demonstrated ability to provide financial products to meet customers’ needs
- Excellent professional presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound investigative, problem-solving and decision-making
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Excellent customer service standards and experience
- Empathy to the customers’ financial situation
- Commitment to Bank Australia’s purpose, aspiration, values and brand as well as the B Corp ethos.
Previous lending experience is essential.
Bank Australia reserves the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time. Candidates will be progressed as applications are received, rather than after the advertisement closure date. If you wish to be considered, please submit your application as soon as possible. Please note, the successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory background checks including but not limited to police and previous employment.