Do you want to be part of using the business of banking as a force for good? Do you want to create positive impact for people and the planet? Bank Australia is the bank for people who want to be part of a movement creating a fairer and more just world.
We’re growing fast as more people choose to align their banking with their values. We’re a customer owned, B Corp certified bank. We empower our staff and 160,000+ customers to be part of the clean money movement.
The Business/Process Analyst’s role is to augment capabilities in business and process analysis to support initiatives relating to the Bank’s data projects and program delivery. Through the elicitation of requirements, interviews and analysis, the Business/Process Analyst will analyse and document as-is and future states, delivering and implementing relevant documentation of business and technical processes and procedure guides.
Why join us
- We have big plans to become Australia’s most trusted bank and a leading purpose-driven business.
- As a certified B Corp, we’re part of a global business community who meet the highest social and environmental standards, putting purpose over profit.
- Every role and person in our bank is essential to bringing our values, purpose and aspiration to life.
- We offer flexible working options and competitive salary and benefits, including 11% super and paid parental, volunteer and family violence leave.
- We support our staff to grow their careers through learning and development and an organisational culture where we reward and recognise innovation and values, not long hours.
- We are committed to building an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce that reflects the Australian community.
- We are the first bank in the world to own its own Conservation Reserve – which we use to protect threatened species and involve staff in conservation.
What you will be doing
- You will be play a pivotal role in delivering all data related projects
- Business analysis, including but not limited to business requirements documentation, business impact assessments, process mapping and procedure documentation
- Supporting planning, elicitation and management of business requirements throughout the project lifecycle
- Facilitation of process reviews
- Conducting workshops with the business to understand the mode of operating and their requirements to use and access data
- Utilisation of business analysis techniques to challenge status quo of mode of data operations
- Supporting testing functions of project delivery
- Providing considered process solutions through understanding business architecture and the role data plays to service the business
- Working with internal stakeholders to align and drive solution outcomes.
What you will bring
- Experience in previous business analysis and process analysis role/s in delivering data projects
- Experience in data processes and business information architecture
- Experience in process mapping, including mapping standards in BPMN, along with Value Stream Mapping experience
- Experience as a technical process documenter with strong documentation techniques in creating SOPs, Lean One Pagers and guides
- Experience in SQL, PowerBI, and ETL’s
- Experience working with SQL database technologies, including SSIS and SSAS
- Understanding of SQL schemas, queries and data dictionary
- Working knowledge of data frameworks and data technologies
- Demonstrable experience in understanding and testing problem statements to ensure solution accuracy and success
- Understanding and demonstrable skills in business analysis techniques in requirements elicitation and problem solving
- Ability to define and breakdown business problems to achievable deliverable activities of work
- Demonstrable experience documenting functional and non-functional requirements
- Demonstrable experience utilising tooling and methods of analysis including UML, BPMN, WBS, logical data modelling, ER modelling, and activity base modelling, VSM, waste elimination, PDSA
- Strong understanding and demonstrable experience documenting business requirements through traditional BRD/BRS and agile epics, features and user stories
- Experience in process review, optimisation and improvement
- Effective planning, time management and ability to prioritise
- Relevant tertiary qualification and experience within the financial services sector is preferred
- Commitment to Bank Australia’s purpose, aspiration, values and brand as well as the B Corp ethos.
Bank Australia reserves the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time. Candidates will be progressed as applications are received, rather than after the advertisement closure date. If you wish to be considered, please submit your application as soon as possible. Please note, the successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory background checks including but not limited to police and previous employment.