- Do you want to make an impact in addressing educational disadvantage?
- Feel passionate about the importance of early years education?
- Have experience coordinating early years and/or volunteer-driven programs?
- Have strong organisational skills?
Then we want to hear from you.
[0.8 FTE - fixed term to 28 Jan 2022]
Ardoch is currently seeking to employ a Program Support Coordinator (part-time - 30 hours per week) - Early Years Partnerships to coordinate our early years programs in our existing and newly developed partnerships with early years services through to January 2022. The position will play a key role in support our early years program delivery in up to 60 early years services across metropolitan Melbourne.
1. Program Delivery and Coordination
- Ensure all education volunteers are placed in partner early years centres across metropolitan Melbourne efficiently and with effective induction.
- Coordinate administration of program excursions/incursions to be booked and delivered by partner organisations.
2. Relationship Management & Development
- Manage relationships with participating early years centres to ensure high levels of engagement in programs and proactively identify and manage any day-to-day issues that may arise.
- Develop strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and be responsive to requests regarding program status, marketing and promotional opportunities or supporting the identification of solutions that support the effective engagement of early years sites, with Ardoch programs.
- Coordinate retention of education volunteers in early years centres through regular check-ins and support.
3. Data Collection, Reporting & Administration
- Provide regular reports on the status of each program and maintain accurate and up-to-date record-keeping for monitoring purposes.
- Ensure regular case studies and timely and accurate data collection and reporting for Ardoch’s programs to support Ardoch’s advocacy and evaluation, marketing and reporting.
- Update information volunteer and program information via Ardoch’s web content management and relationship management systems (DonMan and from 2021 following implementation Salesforce).
- Support the production of end of year reports to early years partners.
4. Other duties as negotiated.
APPLYING FOR THE ROLE
Ardoch’s selection process considers applicants’ capabilities, behaviours and skills in order to assess suitability for the role.
Ardoch’s Leadership Capability Framework is designed to support Ardoch to achieve its 2025 Strategy by identifying the capabilities needed to replicate, scale, grow and have impact. The Framework directly supports and reinforces Ardoch values.
Ardoch recognises that to be successful in our mission-focused environment it is essential for all staff to develop and display leadership skills within the context of their role and sphere of influence.
The Framework contains eight (8) key capabilities and behaviours that are expected to be demonstrated at all levels across all roles. These are:
- Stakeholder Centricity – We proactively seek to understand the needs and goals of all our stakeholders and look for mutually beneficial solutions.
- Collaboration – We actively seek the opinions of others to collect diverse perspectives and capitalise on our collective strengths.
- Project Leadership – We set ourselves up for success by ensuring we execute in a planned and structured manner.
- Business Acumen – We look for opportunities to maximise the benefits of every dollar spent.
- Drive for Results – We stay focused and remain accountable for following through on our commitments.
- Curiosity – We constantly look for improvements, in all that we do, and challenge the status quo
- Strategic Thinking – We take the time to ensure our decisions, big and small, support our goals.
- Resilience – We individually and collectively create a working environment that allows us to work through challenges.
In addition, this position requires the applicant to demonstrate the following skills:
- Understanding of and commitment to the work of Ardoch and its vision, mission, philosophies and values
- Experience in coordinating and supporting volunteers
- A process-improvement mindset backed by good project management, time-management, organisational and administrative skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of organisations and stakeholders – both externally and internally – including early years centres, educators and volunteers from diverse backgrounds and age groups.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as within a team.
- Well-developed interpersonal, consultation, problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to deal with high volume workloads efficiently and prioritise accordingly.
- High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel for recording and tracking of information.
- Good understanding of early years systems, culture and curriculum.
- Experience in managing or using web content management systems and relationship management systems (currently Ardoch uses Don Man and Excel and following implementation later in 2021 Salesforce)
ALL applications should provide examples of how applicants have demonstrated both the capabilities and skills required for this position, or through other experiences.
Terms and Conditions of the Employment:
- Uphold Ardoch’s Vision, Purpose and Values
- Compliance with Ardoch’s Code of Conduct, policies and procedures
- Work to support the enhancement of Ardoch’s profile through excellence in program development, communication and service provision
- Attend and participate in regular supervision, relevant training in line with Learning and Development plan, and Ardoch meetings and functions as required
- Undertake all reasonable tasks directed by the CEO and line manager
- Please note disclosure of any pre-existing illness or injury which could reasonably be foreseen to be affected by the work duties described is a requirement. According to Accident Compensation Act, failure to disclose will result in compensation not being paid for that condition.
- Applicants will be required to undertake psychometric testing as part of the selection process.
Benefits of Working for Ardoch
- Making a difference in our community to support the learning and wellbeing of children and young people experiencing disadvantage with like-minded colleagues.
- Five days of designated gifted leave over the course of the year and a day off for your birthday.
- Flexible working arrangements policy, with variations subject to agreement by manager and CEO and considered on the basis of operational requirements
- Salary packaging is available in line with current legislation - Advantage Salary Packaging manages Ardoch employees’ salary packaging
- Ardoch has a strong commitment to staff learning and development
- Ardoch seeks to prevent the risk of exposing children and young people to inappropriate persons and takes all reasonable steps to facilitate and maintain a safe environment for children and all participants in our service.
- Successful Working With Children Check and Criminal History Check are required.
- All employees are responsible for obtaining a Working with Children Check and maintaining its validity
For further information please contact Joe Reed, Programs Manager, Education Partnerships and Delivery at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Program Support Coordinator - Early Years Partnerships enquiry via EthicalJobs, or 9537 2414 (but please submit your application via the Apply Now button.
Ardoch is a Child Safe Organisation and an Equal Opportunity Employer and Indigenous Australians, people with a disability or are from a culturally and linguistically diverse background are encouraged to apply.
Please contact us at email@example.com or on (03) 9537 2414 if you have any accessibility requirements that we can assist with.