- Do you want to make a difference to children and young people experiencing educational disadvantage by being part of a small organisation that makes a big impact?
- Do you have experience of building strong relationships with schools and coordinating programs that support them?
- Do you have experience in working with and managing volunteers?
- Do you want to be part of helping realise Ardoch's 2025 vision to become Australia's most impactful partner working with schools in disadvantaged communities?
If you answered 'yes' to one or more of these questions, we want to hear from you.
Ardoch is seeking to employ an Education Partnerships Coordinator for Greater South East Melbourne. This position will lead the program coordination and ongoing delivery, of Ardoch programs to partner primary and secondary schools in Greater South East Melbourne. The position will be required:
- To develop and maintain strong relationships with partner schools, and community organisations
- To build local partnerships with government, community organisations and businesses that support partner sites and build Ardoch’s profile
- To develop and deliver quality programs and early years services and schools that build their capacity to improve learning and wellbeing outcomes for children and young people
- To support the research, development, implementation and evaluation of new programs that deliver better learning and wellbeing outcomes for children and young people.
- To manage specific projects, including budgets, on behalf of the Programs Team, that reach beyond Melbourne’s Great South East Melbourne, as required.
Relationship Management and Development including:
Establishing, developing and maintaining strong partnerships with schools and alternative education settings to deliver Ardoch programs
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with relevant local government, community organisations and businesses that support early years services and schools and build Ardoch’s profile
- Working collaboratively with programs team members in other locations to share knowledge and develop best practice approaches
- Developing strong relationships with key internal stakeholders, including Fundraising & Engagement and Finance & Operations teams
Program Development and Delivery including:
- Assisting to research and develop strategies and programs that reduce the impact of educational disadvantage on children and young people
- Developing and delivering quality programs and activities to enhance learning, increase engagement and build aspirations in early years services and schools in line with Ardoch’s strategy and Annual Operational Plans
- Providing local case studies and information to support Ardoch’s advocacy and marketing
- Being accountable for the financial resources allocated to the program/ region through organisational budgetary processes
Volunteers Coordination including:
- Delivering Ardoch’s Education Volunteers Program - place and actively manage volunteers based at schools in Greater South East Melbourne
- Providing ongoing support and communication to education volunteers to enhance satisfaction, engagement and retention
- Providing ongoing support and development to staff in schools to build their capacity to work effectively with education volunteers
Program Reporting and Evaluation including:
- Ensuring accurate and timely data collection for all program activities
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on programs according to the evaluation framework
- Renew partnership agreements with early years services and schools as required
- Report to schools and early years centres and other stakeholders as required annually regarding outputs and outcomes of Ardoch programs
Other Duties as Negotiated
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
Ardoch’s selection process considers applicants’ capabilities, behaviours and skills in order to assess suitability for the role.
Ardoch’s Leadership Capability Framework is designed to support Ardoch to achieve its 2025 Strategy by identifying the capabilities needed to replicate, scale, grow and have impact. The Framework directly supports and reinforces Ardoch values. Ardoch recognises that to be successful in our mission-focused environment it is essential for all staff to develop and display leadership skills within the context of their role and sphere of influence.
The Framework contains eight (8) key capabilitiesand behaviours that are expected to be demonstrated at all levels across all roles. These are:
Stakeholder Centricity – We proactively seek to understand the needs and goals of all our stakeholders and look for mutually beneficial solutions.
Collaboration – We actively seek the opinions of others to collect diverse perspectives and capitalise on our collective strengths.
Project Leadership – We set ourselves up for success by ensuring we execute in a planned and structured manner.
Business Acumen – We look for opportunities to maximise the benefits of every dollar spent.
Drive for Results – We stay focused and remain accountable for following through on our commitments.
Curiosity – We constantly look for improvements, in all that we do, and challenge the status quo.
Strategic Thinking – We take the time to ensure our decisions, big and small, support our goals.
Resilience – We individually and collectively create a working environment that allows us to work through challenges.
In addition, this position requires the applicant to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Tertiary qualification in relevant and related discipline
- Commitment to, understanding of and passion for the vision and work of Ardoch
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively with a diverse range of organisations and stakeholders, including culturally diverse populations and those experiencing disadvantage
- Practical experience working in an education settings
- Demonstrated experience working with volunteers
- Strong organisational skills
- Practical community development experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in monitoring, evaluating and reporting on program effectiveness and outcomes
- Successful track record of project management in a multi-stakeholder environment
- High level of computer, administrative and database management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal, consultation, problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Flexibility to travel between office location and school partner sites as required
- Understanding and knowledge of the and the Victorian Curriculum
- Understanding and knowledge of the Victorian schools’ model and policy context
A position description is attached.
ALL applications should provide examples of how applicants have demonstrated both the capabilities and skills required for this position, or through other experiences.
For further information please contact Joe Reed, Programs Manager – Education Partnerships and Program Delivery on 9537 2414 email@example.com using the subject line: Education Partnerships Coordinator - Greater South East Melbourne enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Ardoch is a Child Safe Organisation and an Equal Opportunity Employer and Indigenous Australians, people with a disability or are from a culturally and linguistically diverse background are encouraged to apply.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on (03) 9537 2414 if you have any accessibility requirements that we can assist with.