ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Tech and Data Manager, you will be responsible for leading our tech strategy at AYCC. You’ll deliver new and innovative ideas for how to grow and nurture our database of supporters, volunteers and donors to increase AYCC and Seed’s impact to create transformative change and solve the climate crisis. It involves a diverse range of responsibilities and is an ideal role for fast learners and problem-solvers.
The AYCC is a youth-led organisation with an exemption from the Anti-Discrimination Act - we seek applications only from people under the age of 30. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people, young people of colour, people with disability & LGBTIQ+ young people are strongly encouraged to apply. We value passion, talent and lived experiences over formal qualifications.
ABOUT THE AYCC
The AYCC is a non-profit, non-partisan organisation building a movement of young people to protect our future from climate change. We are Australia’s largest youth-led organisation and one of the most effective organisations dedicated to tackling climate change, with thousands of volunteers and supporters across the continent. We have four major areas within AYCC:
- Campaigns to solve the climate crisis - we run campaigns to make sure Australia moves from fossil fuels to renewable energy as quickly as possible. Our campaigns include:
- Standing with communities in the Northern Territory to stop dangerous gas fracking by companies like Origin Energy
- Repowering Queensland with publicly-owned renewable energy
- Working to shift the narrative on climate justice in this country
- Seed Indigenous Youth Climate Network - led by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth, this growing network is giving Indigenous young people the skills to Protect Country. Right now, Seed is working on a campaign to stop fracking in the Northern Territory. Check out more at seedmob.org.au
- Switched on Schools - each year we educate, inspire and empower tens of thousands of high school students to create change. We do this through in-school programs, training opportunities, and engaging students in our campaigns.
- Training, community organising & leadership programs providing a diverse range of opportunities - online, locally and nationally - for young people to build the skills and connections to make an impact
- Develop strategy with the Digital Director and other key staff to maximise our tech impact
- New tech initiatives and products - consult with teams across the organisation to find out what tech solutions could help us deliver our mission, and project managing the development of new products, including working closely with the Digital Organising Manager
- Data management - AYCC uses NationBuilder as our CRM currently, and you’ll be shifting some of our database onto a new central database solution. You’ll lead ensuring our data management processes and integrations are tight and being followed by our skilled-up team.
- Web development and maintenance - we run three websites on Nationbuilder and use Raisely for key fundraising moments. Your role can range from setting up basic pages to building an in-house website, to managing a new tool build by an agency
- Data analysis - pulling information from our Nationbuilder API and other platforms to give real-time feedback to campaigners, organisers and fundraisers about what’s working and why
- All things tech (trainings, support, troubleshooting, data security) - this can look like updating security measures on Gmail to 2FA, helping someone import signups from a local stall, or contacting Paypal about a bug the Fundraising team has noticed
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Essential selection criteria:
- You’re able to take initiative, solve problems, and identify opportunities to improve team impact through tech solutions
- You’ve managed some complicated projects through to success
- You have CRM management and web development experience (NationBuilder experience ideal)
- You have strong interpersonal skills and can collaborate and communicate effectively across teams
- You have an eye for detail and don’t mind some repetitive tasks
- It would be great if you had some of these too:
- A depth of understanding in machine learning technology and using predictive modelling to drive conversion
- A background in user experience design
- Strong working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience working with APIs
- Experience with Facebook Ads Manager, Google Analytics, and/or digital campaigning tools like Do Gooder and texting tools
- Experience working in non-profit, campaigning or social change organisations
We are a youth organisation, so we don’t expect you to be an expert at everything. Even if you only meet some of these requirements, but you think you’re right for the job and are ready to learn, we’re keen to hear from you. The role will be developed to meet the skills and experience of the right candidate.
Applications will be reviewed as they come in.
A position description is attached.