ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for an ambitious young leader with experience in fundraising, communications and project management to oversee strategies to raise the critical funds needed to build the youth climate movement. This is a key leadership role in the AYCC, working closely with the National Directors and the Board. This fast-paced role will oversee and support the growth of AYCC’s fundraising streams, from building relationships with philanthropists to cultivating our small-dollar fundraising streams.
The AYCC is a youth-led organisation with an exemption from the Anti-Discrimination Act - we seek applications only from people under the age of 30. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people, young people of colour, people with disability & LGBTIQ+ young people are strongly encouraged to apply. We value passion, talent and lived experiences, over formal qualifications.
ABOUT THE AYCC
The AYCC is a non-profit, non-partisan organisation building a movement of young people to protect our future from climate change. We are Australia’s largest youth-led organisation and one of the most effective organisations dedicated to tackling climate change, with thousands of volunteers and supporters across the continent. We have four major areas within AYCC:
- Campaigns to solve the climate crisis - we run campaigns to make sure Australia moves from fossil fuels to renewable energy as quickly as possible. Our campaigns include:
- Standing with communities in the Northern Territory to stop dangerous gas fracking by companies like Origin Energy
- Repowering Queensland with publicly-owned renewable energy
- Working to shift the narrative on climate justice in this country
- Seed Indigenous Youth Climate Network - led by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth, this growing network is giving Indigenous young people the skills to Protect Country. Right now, Seed are working on a campaign to stop fracking in the Northern Territory. Check out more at seedmob.org.au.
- Switched on Schools - each year we educate, inspire and empower tens of thousands of high school students to create change. We do this through in-school programs, training opportunities, and engaging students in our campaigns.
- Training, community organising & leadership programs providing a diverse range of opportunities - online, locally and nationally - for young people to build the skills and connections to make an impact
- Create and implement AYCC’s fundraising strategies, with a focus on financial sustainability and revenue diversification
- Manage and motivate a high-performing team responsible for key fundraising streams including our regular giving calls programs, grants and partnerships
- Manage relationships with major donors, partners and philanthropists alongside the National Directors, including regular communications and meetings
- Write pitches, reports and updates for our generous donors to grow excitement and support for our work
- Develop and test creative new fundraising streams to build our financial sustainability
- Collaborate with our digital team on small-dollar fundraising campaigns like crowdfunders, peer-to-peer fundraising, email fundraising and digital donor acquisition
- Project manage key fundraising moments or events aimed at welcoming new donors to our movement or engaging existing donors around big moments
- Work as part of our leadership team on organisational strategy, planning, risk management and culture
CORE SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
We’re a youth organisation, so we don’t expect you to be an expert at everything. We value passion, talent and lived experiences over formal qualifications or years of experience. If you fit even just a few of the below attributes you should apply!
- You’re passionate about climate justice and empowering young people to take action
- You’re a strong writer and public speaker, and you can communicate persuasively to diverse audiences
- You have experience in fundraising and building relationships with donors and/or other key stakeholders
- You’ve managed some complicated projects, you can juggle multiple priorities, and have discipline in meeting deadlines
- You’ve managed a high performing team and value building a strong team culture
- You’re a team player and prioritise our shared purpose
- You value giving and receiving feedback
- It would be a bonus if you have experience in one or more of the following areas: digital fundraising, grant-writing, financial management & forecasting, peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns, bequest programs
TRAVEL AND HOURS
You will be required to travel to perform the duties of the position without any additional remuneration. Your travel expenses will be covered. The role may also require work outside of regular office hours in order to meet with donors or other stakeholders.
A position description is attached.