- Permanent, full time position
- $91,550 plus super, salary packaging and awesome benefits
- Convenient office locations including your home!
Exciting leadership opportunity for a passionate and collaborative Financial Accountant to ensure the integrity of the finance function in a heart-led community services organisation.
The Financial Accountant will be a passionate and collaborative leader, working in partnership with the finance team to ensure Avivo continues to thrive, getting the numbers right for our internal and external customers.
As a support service, we are seeking someone with an exceptional customer service ethos, towards our colleagues and ultimately, for the customers and communities that we support.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provides supportive leadership to the team, working collaboratively, supporting the development of team members to reach their full potential and optimising the team’s contribution to the organisation
- Leads month end and year end processes to ensure the Finance team meets internal and external reporting deadlines, including preparation of Avivo and Avivo Foundation financial statements. Coordinates with external auditors to manage interim and year-end audit timelines and deliverables
- Ensures timely, meaningful and accurate preparation and review of balance sheet reconciliations including directly holding a portfolio of balance sheet reconciliations, reviewing, supporting and coordinating the work of colleagues, identifying opportunities for improvements and ensuring clear accountabilities within the team and for variance resolution
- Identifies improvement opportunities and leads or supports change initiatives, working collaboratively across teams and drawing on appropriate project management methodology
- Is the subject matter expert for accounting and taxation in Avivo, owning accounting procedures and ensuring compliance with Australian Accounting Standards and relevant taxation legislation
- Is responsible for preparation and lodgement of BAS, FBT return and franking credit refund application
- Is responsible for maintenance and optimisation of the Fixed Asset Register and related processes
- Provides tax advice for decision making within Avivo - e.g. to inform decisions around employment status, allowances, and customer funding support arrangements.
- Proactively manages insurance renewal process and supports ad-hoc insurance queries, claims and information requirements
- Proactively manages banking arrangements, e.g. monitoring bank balances, cash flows and term deposit movements, and performing payment run checks and approvals
- Ensures the reporting and general ledger integrity of the Technology One finance system
- Prepares and submits quarterly and annual ABS surveys
We require someone with:
- Professional membership CPA or CA with a minimum 3 years of post-qualification experience
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience in a Financial Accountant or similar role
- Demonstrated supportive leadership experience (minimum 3 years), with a passion for building capability in others and a high degree of trust for people to manage their own work
- A developmental mindset – self-aware, willing to work on yourself and eager to grow
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Commerce or related discipline
- Well-developed, broad experience with business and accounting systems in a large ERP environment. Experience with Technology One finance systems, large staff rostering systems and database systems preferred
- Advanced Excel skills and familiarity with other Microsoft Office applications.
- High level of large data handling and analysis experience
- Demonstrated ability to organise and plan daily and weekly work activities, with effective prioritisation skills
- Demonstrated project management and continuous improvement identification and implementation
- Ability to think innovatively and practically
- Strong problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills and the ability to relate well within and outside the team
- Knowledge/experience in Government Accounting/Funding preferred
Avivo is a leading community services organisation in Western Australia. We work closely with people and families who need individualised support services due to disability, ageing or mental illness.
With over 1200 employees, our people are our greatest resource and the sustainability of our workforce depends on how well we utilise our people's skills and abilities. If you're ready to play an integral role and deliver results that help make a real difference, we want to hear from you.
- A salary starting from $91,550 plus super
- Option to Salary Package up to $18,550
- Option to work a 19 day month
- Flexible working conditions
- Development opportunities and supportive team
- Convenient office locations – Osborne Park/Jandakot/your house!
To apply, you must attach an updated resume and a cover letter as one document.
You may be asked to complete a short 5 minute video answering a few questions.
Last but not certainly not least, we value a diverse workforce with different life experiences, skills and backgrounds including people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ and people from all cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
Making an appointment to this position is subject to a satisfactory National Police Clearance.
A position description is attached.