About Autism Queensland
Autism Queensland provides specialised education, therapy and support services for people of all ages on the autism spectrum and their families. Further information can be found at www.autismqld.com.au.
About the Role
We are seeking a passionate and experienced professional to lead Autism Queensland's (AQ's) Community Services.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be a key member of the Senior Management Team with responsibility for Supported Independent Living, Community Access, Support Coordination and other services and supports.
A person-centred, hands-on approach and proven proven track-record in effectively managing a large team in a dynamic business environment will set you apart in this role. Working alongside like- minded colleagues, you will ensure AQ's Community Services clients have every opportunity to live their best life possible.
This role is offered on a permanent full-time basis, based in Acacia Ridge.
A position description is attached.
- Lead and manage change as required to support sustainability and growth of AQ's Community Services
- Build leadership capacity within the Community Services team
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Oversight the development and implementation of Specialist Behaviour Support Plans for clients
- Implement systems to ensure compliance with all applicable legislation, quality frameworks and funding bodies
Skills & Experience
- Minimum bachelor’s degree qualification in Disability, Social / Community Services or Allied Health
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a management role with demonstrated leadership and management skills including problem-solving, time-management and high-level working knowledge of client databases and Microsoft Office suite
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in the Disability sector, ideally including recent management of SIL services
- Demonstrated currency of knowledge and proven practical experience of the NDIS Quality & Safeguarding Framework, disability legislation and compliance
- Highly effective interpersonal communication and stakeholder engagement skills, with proven ability to work collaboratively and to build effective professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven people management and team development skills and effectiveness
- Significant professional experience in the field of Autism
- Tertiary qualification in Business or Management
- Senior level experience in a not for profit community organisation
Special Conditions & Requirements
- Out of normal hours and on-call work
- Retention of an open Driver's Licence
- Availability of a vehicle for work use
- A current Provide First Aid qualification
- Criminal History Screening Card/s or relevant Exemption card
Culture & Benefits
Autism Queensland is an inspiring, caring and fun place to work with supportive, passionate and friendly colleagues and leaders who value your contribution and share your commitment to achieving work-life balance. Your work will be both challenging and rewarding, and you will find scope and support for personal as well as professional development. You'll also enjoy the financial benefits of our generous salary packaging program!
- Generous salary packaging up to $15,899 + additional exempt fringe benefits
Telephone enquiries to Human Resources via (07) 3273 0074.