RE-Alliance (REA, formerly Australian Wind Alliance) brings together communities, businesses and individuals to work towards harnessing Australia’s world-class wind and solar resources to power our homes, cities and industries with clean, renewable power.
Australia is on the brink of a massive build out of new wind and solar power, coupled with thousands of kilometres of new transmission lines. The creation of Renewable Energy Zones (REZs) will affect hundreds of regional communities across Eastern Australia. REA sees the opportunity to ensure that REZs work for communities and make the regions better places to live, including delivering secure, well paid jobs, cheap electricity, value-added industries, and innovative community programs
The focus of the Communications Specialist is ensuring that REA shapes and amplifies the message of renewable energy benefits for rural and regional communities, while contributing to building shared understanding and trust between diverse stakeholders. Using strategic insight, broad content production skills and familiarity with a range of platforms, the position will add communications expertise to the REA team as we advocate, educate and organise to improve industry practices and deliver local benefits.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- As an early career communications professional, take the next step to develop and lead communications strategy in collaboration with a small, committed team
- Use your wide-ranging content production skills and familiarity with a diversity of platforms to shape and amplify the message of renewable energy benefits for rural and regional communities
- Follow your interest in social change to work closely with communities, industry and other stakeholders so that REA communications contribute to building shared understanding and trust
- Drawing from your deep understanding of rural and regional Australia, share the strengths of proud local communities and the benefits that renewable energy brings them
- Work collaboratively in a small, interdependent team to ensure that the social license for renewable energy and transmission projects is reinforced by the delivery of benefits to the communities where the development is taking place.
YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES
- At least 3 years professional experience in a communications role requiring a high degree of autonomy, with proven results gained by applying a range of communications tools and techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to produce compelling content using a range of techniques including verbal, written, visual and audio-visual
- Proven expertise in designing and delivering content strategies for all major media platforms, both traditional and new media
- Demonstrated record of working effectively under pressure in collaboration with partners and stakeholders, including adapting to challenges and managing sensitive issues
- A passion for building Australia’s renewable energy future and improving the fabric of local communities
- Current valid driver’s licence and ability to travel widely on the Eastern Seaboard.
- Understanding of the needs and opportunities in rural and regional Australia, preferably living in regional Australia
- Awareness of the Australian renewable energy sector status, opportunities and issues.
A position description is attached.
- JOB TYPE: Full time, 12 month contract with view to extension
- REMUNERATION: $75-85,000 per annum plus super, subject to skills and experience
- LOCATION: Work from Home or co-working space (can be located anywhere on Australia eastern seaboard, not just Melbourne)
- MANAGER: National Director