- Job type: Full time, 12 month contract with view to extension
- Remuneration: $80,000-89,999 per annum plus super, subject to skills and experience
- Location: Work from Home or co-working space (can be located anywhere on Australia eastern seaboard, not just Melbourne)
- Manager: National Director
Make a difference—tell the stories from the heart of Australia’s energy transformation and advocate for regional communities in the renewables boom
RE-Alliance (REA) is an independent not-for-profit working to deliver a renewable energy transformation in Australia filled with sustainable, long-term benefits for regional communities.
We do this by listening to the needs and concerns of local communities, facilitating collaboration across the industry to achieve social good and advocating for improved regional outcomes at a policy level.
We place regional renewal at the centre of the clean power transformation. The transition to renewable energy can give regional Australian families certainty that there will be jobs and prosperity in their local communities for decades to come. Now is the time to leverage the renewables boom into the best possible outcomes for farmers, landholders and locals.
The focus of the Communications Manager is ensuring RE-Alliance shapes and amplifies messaging around how renewable energy can deliver for rural and regional communities, while contributing to building shared understanding and trust between diverse stakeholders.
Using strategic insight, media skills and familiarity with a range of platforms, the position will add communications expertise to the REA team as we advocate, educate and organise to improve industry practices and deliver local benefits.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Lead communications strategy and message development in collaboration with a small, committed team
- Use your wide-ranging content production skills and familiarity with a diversity of platforms to shape and amplify the message of renewable energy benefits for rural and regional communities
- Follow your interest in social change to work closely with communities, industry and other stakeholders so that REA communications contribute to building shared understanding and trust
- Drawing from your deep understanding of rural and regional Australia, share the strengths of proud local communities and what they need to benefit from the renewable energy boom
- Work collaboratively in a small, interdependent team to improve community acceptance of renewable energy and transmission projects through the mitigation of impacts and delivery of benefits to the communities where the development is taking place.
YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES
- At least 3 years professional experience in a communications role requiring a high degree of autonomy, with proven results gained by applying a range of communications tools and techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to produce compelling content using a range of techniques including verbal, written, visual and audio-visual
- Proven expertise in designing and deploying proactive and reactive media strategies
- Demonstrated record of working effectively under pressure in collaboration with partners and stakeholders, including adapting to challenges and managing sensitive issues
- Passion for climate justice; building Australia’s renewable energy future; improving the fabric of local communities; and justice for First Nations people
- Current valid driver’s licence and ability to travel interstate
- Understanding of the needs and opportunities in rural and regional Australia, preferably living in regional Australia
- Awareness of the Australian renewable energy sector status, opportunities and issues.
A position description is attached.