Australian Wildlife Conservancy (AWC) is the largest private (non-profit) owner of land for conservation in Australia, protecting endangered wildlife at 30 sanctuaries in which we own or manage in partnership, covering a total of more than 6.5 million hectares in iconic regions such as the Kimberley, Cape York, the Top End and Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre. With a focus on practical land management, informed by world-class science, AWC is implementing a dynamic new model for conservation.
AWC’s mission - to deliver effective conservation for all native animal species and their habitats - is achieved by:
- Operations -delivering effective large-scale land management including fire management, feral animal control, weed control and infrastructure management.
- Science -delivering a nationally coherent program of ecological surveys with a focus on monitoring key conservation assets and threats, conducting applied research relevant to wildlife conservation, implementing conservation programs including reintroductions, and providing advice to management.
- Fundraising -mobilising finance (primarily, tax deductible donations) from the general public and philanthropists including through effective communication of AWC conservation programs.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), we are seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join the team in the capacity of an Office Coordinator based at AWC’s head office in Subiaco. This is a new permanent full-time role at AWC and is essential in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of AWC’s operations by providing administrative and coordinative support within the Subiaco office, to the CFO and executive level.
The primary responsibilities of the Office Coordinator are to:
- Oversee and support all administrative duties in the office ensuring the smooth, safe and efficient running of general office operations, including through the development and implementation of policies, procedures and budget management.
- Provide administrative or operational support to the CFO and the Executive Team.
- Manage the travel booking process including identifying and implementing a self-service travel management system.
- Manage the contractual engagement and efficient running of all office services and equipment;
- Act in a backup capacity to cover the EA to the CEO when on leave
To be successful, you will need:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working in an office coordination role and 2 years’ experience working as an Executive Assistant to C-Suite level.
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of accounting, business and management principles.
- Demonstrated experience in inventory control and supply management, policy writing and budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to recognise confidential information and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Proficient in the use of standard business software including Word, Excel and Outlook; and general computing and touch-typing skills (minimum 50wpm).
- A flexible, down-to-earth and professional attitude and a strong work ethic.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, and ability to prioritise.
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities.
- Personable and professional communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work effectively with a varied and diverse team, including experience in working with a geographically-distributed organisation.
- Experience in implementing and working with financial management processes.
- A background or interest in nature conservation is highly desirable.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing, innovative, successful organisation which is helping shape the future of conservation in Australia. Competitive remuneration is available for a candidate with suitable experience.
Initial Enquiries to: Fiona Tran, HR Advisor | firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Office Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs | 08 9380 9633.
To submit an application, visit our careers page (linked above), select the relevant job vacancy, click ‘APPLY’ and follow the prompts.
Your application must include CV and covering letter, briefly addressing your experience, critical competencies, and interest in the role. Applications that do not meet these requirements will not be accepted.
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident or have a suitable visa in place that allows ongoing full-time work in Australia, in order to apply for this position. Sponsorship is not available.
- If you apply for this role, AWC will include you in its ongoing updates and communications about its events, activities and fundraising initiatives. You may opt out of these communications at any time.
To learn more about AWC’s sanctuaries, please visit our website www.australianwildlife.org/sanctuaries/.
Position Description - Office Coordinator