- Full-time | Location: Anywhere | Salary negotiation
- Are you ready to use your creative and brand development expertise to see a change in our Nation?
- Are you ready to use your innovative and practical approach to help change the narrative of Australia’s shared history?
- Are you interested in seeing better outcomes for First Nations people?
ABOUT AUSTRALIANS TOGETHER
Australians Together is a not-for-profit organisation that believes better outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people begin with a change in perspective of all Australians. We help non-Indigenous people learn the true story of our shared history, understand how it’s still having an impact today and find meaningful ways to respond.
We support teachers to confidently teach Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives. We do this by creating curriculum resources and delivering professional learning workshops to teachers. We also have resources for workplaces, churches, and all people who call Australia home.
As the Visual Designer, your role is to bring creative interpretation and solutions to the delivery of all Australians Together creative content. Creative projects will vary from design solutions for digital resources all the way to design and execution of user experience. Strong ideation skills and the ability to successfully take an idea from concept development through to project completion. Your hands-on practical approach, creative and brand development skills as well as your innovative solutions are what you’ll bring to successfully fulfil our projects.
- Creative and a Brand developer: You can develop and implement innovative, creative solutions that engage audiences in simple and compelling ways and that align with our Brand and tone.
- A compelling creator: You design in a way that connects with and inspires audiences. You know how to engage the audience with content that fit the channel and get results.
- A user-focused and digital-first thinker: You love the power of digital platforms and are excited by the way they can work together to help achieve goals and ensure user experience and engagement is a championed.
- Project Management savvy: You can plan, juggle and organise multiple stakeholders or projects and tasks of various sizes to make sure that everything is running smoothly and there is great communication with all parties.
- Proactive and can do: You’re an enthusiastic and motivated self-starter with a can-do approach. Although you thrive in a team environment, you can work independently when needed in order to achieve the set goals.
- A fast learner: You have an incredible ability to adapt to change and challenges whilst keeping your cool.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS…
- Tertiary qualification in graphic design or equivalent, with 5+ years proven experience (graphic design and digital design
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite on Apple Mac platform
- Expertise in CMS management and website development best practice
- A strong understanding of visual brand development
- Strong graphic design skills
- Familiarity with production processes and requirements
- Understanding of digital marketing principles and channels, such as, user-journey mapping, digital advertising, email marketing, brand management and analytics
- Strong relationship-building and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in Agile project methodology, with excellent organisational skills and competency to multi-task on multiple projects at once
- Comfortable interacting as part of a team or autonomously as required
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in the Not-for-Profit sector
- Experience working with Indigenous or other non-dominant cultural communities
- Experience in production of social media campaigns
Applicants need to have suitable work-from-home accommodation.
Contact email@example.com, using the subject line: Visual Designer enquiry via EthicalJobs if you’d like a detailed job description.
We’re committed to creating a culturally safe workplace. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from diverse cultures, abilities and identities to apply.