ABOUT AUSTRALIANS TOGETHER
Australians Together is a not-for-profit organisation that believes better outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people begin with a change in perspective of all Australians. We help non-Indigenous people learn the true story of our shared history, understand how it’s still having an impact today and find meaningful ways to respond.
We support teachers to confidently teach Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives. We do this by creating curriculum resources and delivering professional learning workshops to teachers. We also have resources for workplaces, churches, and all people who call Australia home.
As the Executive Assistant, your role is to proactively support the Executive Director (ED) in his day to day activities and general duties. In addition to this, you’ll manage the office, general administrative duties and travel as required.
- An organisational guru: You have an excellent eye for detail and you are a stickler for accuracy, report writing or general administration. You’re a note-taker and calendar-juggler to ensure the ED is prepared and ready for the day, week that is ahead. You are fantastic at knowing how to prioritise tasks and activities and know how to respond to requests, both internally and externally, for the ED’s time. You’ll support and keep an eye on all actions the ED is responsible for, to ensure these are followed up quickly and efficiently. This attention to detail allows you to get things done on time, to a high standard and with great results.
- Project Management savvy: You can plan, juggle and organise multiple projects and tasks of various sizes to make sure that everything is running smoothly and there is great communication with all parties.
- Proactive: You’re an enthusiastic and motivated self-starter with a can-do approach. Although you thrive in a team environment, you work independently when needed. With your great time-management skills, you can plan and juggle to ensure that everything runs smoothly.
- A fast learner: you have an incredible ability to adapt to change and challenges whilst keeping your cool.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS…
- Executive Assistant Administration qualifications of 10+ years experience
- Experience in project management, with excellent organisational skills and a high competency to multi-task various projects.
- Experience with Project Management Software and tools
- Meet and set targets and deadlines whilst managing a range of concurrent activities
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast paced quickly changing environment
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills especially processing and formatting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Executive Assistant enquiry via EthicalJobs if you’d like a detailed job description or email your CV and cover letter if you think you’re the right fit.
We’re committed to creating a culturally safe workplace. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from diverse cultures, abilities and identities to apply.