- Full time
- Head Office Adelaide, SA
- Salary Neg.
- Are you ready to use your relationship skills and education knowledge to help change the narrative of Australia’s shared history?
- Do you want to be part of a team that makes a difference in schools?
- Are you interested in seeing better outcomes for Indigenous people?
ABOUT AUSTRALIANS TOGETHER
Australians Together is a not for profit organisation that believes better outcomes for Indigenous Australians begin with a change in perspective. We bring Indigenous and other Australians together by telling stories of our shared history to help us recognise where we’ve come from, where we are today, and to inspire and equip people to build a brighter future, together.
Our Professional Learning workshops and curriculum resources support teachers to teach Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives. We also provide digital resources for workplaces, churches and other organisations to grow awareness and encourage learning.
As the Business Development Manager, your role will be to propel our Professional Learning workshops and curriculum resources into schools across Australia. You’ll start by increasing awareness of Australians Together’s education resources to grow the number of schools that use them.
In order to build awareness of Australians Together within the education sector, you’ll be active in your networks, engaging with school leaders and stakeholders. Your sales and education experience will be utilised to manage authentic and mutually beneficial relationships, both new and existing, to achieve growth and retention. Understanding the needs of the stakeholders, you’ll use your meticulous attention to detail, and organisation skills, to deliver agreements and achieve KPIs.
- A pioneer by nature: You’re ready to forge this new phase within our organisation. You enjoy day-to-day rhythms as much as contributing to the development of action plans at a strategic level.
- Always looking for an opportunity: You have a keen eye for identifying potential prospects. Your ability to listen and uncover their needs by asking planned and thoughtful questions will result in establishing mutually beneficial partnerships. You have a tenacity to "chip away" at an opportunity over a period of time to ensure it becomes a partnership.
- Outstanding at managing relationships: You have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and present in a professional manner. Your relationship-focused approach will ensure that when a stakeholder is onboard, you’re able to retain and grow the partnership accordingly.
- Goals and results-driven: You enjoy the challenge and focus of having goals and you have a proven track record in achieving these goals and facilitating great outcomes for all involved.
- Proactive: You’re an enthusiastic and motivated self-starter with a can-do approach. Although you thrive in a team environment, you work independently when needed. With your great time-management skills, you can plan and juggle to ensure that everything runs smoothly.
- A fast learner: You have an incredible ability to learn on the fly, keeping your cool while facing challenges and adapting to change.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS…
- Proven ability in a sales and business development, ideally in the education sector with 3+ years’ experience
- Experience working with goals and achieving targets
- Experience working with education professionals, key leaders of school associations and principals
- Strong relationship-building and negotiation skills
- A tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in business or related field
- Salesforce or similar customer relationship management system experience
- Experience in project management, with excellent organisational skills and a high competency to multi-task various projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills