- Maximum term position for 12 months
- Full time hours
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
Culture Talks supports Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples who are in contact with the Justice system and may not be eligible for other services. Created and directed by participants and members of the local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, Culture Talks utilises Connection to Country activities and tailored, strengths-based, trauma-informed case coordination to support participants to exit the Justice system and achieve their goals. This role combines case coordination and direct client support with sensitive stakeholder engagement, volunteer leadership and program development.
This is an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander targeted position.
What you will bring
- Specialist knowledge and experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with people involved with a Justice system and a demonstrated understanding of their needs and aspirations
- Capacity to work within a strengths based approach and apply trauma informed practice principles
- Experience working within a Community Development Framework, bringing together diverse stakeholders to create a responsive, impactful program
- Experience, or understanding of, managing volunteers and commitment to providing a positive volunteer experience
- Strong knowledge of ACT Justice policies, procedures and avenues of influence, or proven ability to acquire quickly
- Ability to listen, reflect, support and relate to people in a non-judgemental and culturally sensitive manner and with an awareness of your own value base
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to collaborate with government and non-government bodies
- Current driver’s license
- A Working with Vulnerable People check is a mandatory requirement for this role
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description attached below or contact Nina Bullock on 0405 975 350
Position Description - Team Member - Senior Case Coordinator Culture Talks.pdf