- Job posted on: 9th Apr 2021
- Applications close:
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
This is a unique opportunity to support refugee and CALD communities to build their capacity to explore and practice ways of dealing positively with conflict using non-violent methods, build confidence and build strong social networks. The Peaceful Pathways Project, in partnership with the Tasmanian Community Fund, will train community members to facilitate Alternatives to Violence Project training in their own communities and the broader Tasmanian community.
▪ Trained as an Alternatives to Violence Project or Peaceful Pathways facilitator
▪ Understanding and experience in Community Development and/or Project Management
▪ Ability to work effectively with people from different cultures and backgrounds
▪ Ability to maintain accountability for funding and service agreements and operate within the terms and conditions of the contract and organisational strategic objectives
▪ Proven leadership experience in a human services context and skills in forging a team-based approach and providing direction, supervision and support to staff
▪ Highly developed organisational and time management skills
▪ Demonstrated skills in stakeholder engagement and fostering sustainable partnerships
▪ Well-developed analytical, problem solving and decision-making abilities
▪ Proven ability to supervise, develop, and lead the performance of service teams
▪ Degree in Social Work, or other relevant qualification; or equivalent work experience, and experience working with culturally diverse communities
▪ A Working with Vulnerable People check is a mandatory requirement for this role
▪ Current and Valid Australian Driver's Licence.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description attached below or contact Julie Groome on 0429 046 454