- Maximum term contract until December 2021
- Part time (0.4 FTE)
- Mount Morgan
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
The HIPPY program has been specifically designed to support and work with families experiencing disadvantage, to assist families to promote their children’s learning and development. In this role you will facilitate the program with families and their four/five year-olds supporting parents to improve children’s school readiness.
What you will bring
- Active participation in the HIPPY program with your own child
- Sound communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport, establish positive and constructive relationships with clients
- Basic literacy in English including reading and writing
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team with the capacity to work independently and adaptively to meet changing organisational needs
- Willingness to participate in community events as part of the HIPPY program
- Knowledge of and experience in working within Aboriginal and-or Torres Strait Islander people and communities and with culturally and Linguistically Diverse people and communities highly regarded
- A current employee Blue Card (Working with Children check) is a mandatory requirement for this role
- Current and valid Australian Driver’s License + own vehicle (fully insured) is mandatory for this role
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description attached below or contact Tarsha Barrett on 0438 309 428.
Position Description - HIPPY Home Tutor, Mount Morgan.pdf