- Part time hours (15-20 hours per week)
- Maximum term position until 8 March 2021
- Hervey Bay
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
About the role
Facilitate the Home Interaction Program for Parents and Youngsters (HIPPY) program to support parents to improve children’s school readiness. Assist families to promote their children’s learning and development, whilst working with parents to enhance their skills, knowledge and interaction with schools and community. The HIPPY program has been specifically designed to support and work with families experiencing disadvantage.
What you will bring
- Be a parent participating in the HIPPY Program or a parent that participated in the HIPPY Program within
12 months of appointment as a Tutor
- Sound communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport, establish
positive and constructive relationships with clients
- Basic to sound literacy in English including reading and writing
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team with the capacity to work independently and adaptively to meet changing
- Willingness to participate in community events as part of the HIPPY program
- Availability to work 15-20 hours per week during the school term
- Ability to implement risk minimisation strategies and contribute to maintaining a physically and
emotionally safe environment
- Knowledge of and experience in working within Aboriginal and-or Torres Strait Islander people and
communities and with culturally and Linguistically Diverse people and communities highly regarded
- Sound records management, general office administration skills, and experience with handling sensitive
and confidential material an advantage
- Ability to work within a continuous improvement framework and enhance systems and procedures
to strengthen organisational capability desirable
- A Working with Children check is a mandatory requirement for this role
- Current and valid Australian Driver’s License + own vehicle (fully insured) is mandatory for this role
Be part of one of the largest humanitarian organisations and know that the work contributes to improving outcomes for vulnerable people. Red Cross offers generous salary packaging benefits.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description attached below or contact Melanie Jefferson 0428 728 155.
Position Description - HIPPY Home Tutor.pdf